• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: K2 Install problem

Question K2 Install problem

How is it possible,
    I had installed K2 and the GPO update and it went well but after starting the new player and when I try to load an instrument my complete system resets .
    I don't understand this, I tried to install it a few times but everytime the same happens.
    When I delete everything, the system is ok again.

Are there special requirements for the system, I just updated it a time ago.
    If you need more details about my pc system please let me know.

Can somebody help me.

Re: K2 Install problem

I'd like to know your OS and how much RAM you have got.

My OS is WindowsXP and I have 2 GB ram

Thank you.

That's a funny problem. Have you applied the 2.2.4 patch to the KP2 player? It should be available in the service center app.

Hmmm, XP SP2 is required for Kontakt 2.2.3+.

It took a while, because my wife is very sick (Kahler).
    I'm planning to install XP home edition on the PC (with SP2)
    I hope the problem will be solved than.

Thanks for the tips.

I'll let you know if it works... or not.

I too have a problem with Kontakt 2, the GPO update. I'm installing on a Mac (details below). I followed the advice given in Tony Monaghan's "Update How To". So now I have Kontakt 2 in my Applications folder, but if I click on it it simply crashes on opening. DP5 looks at it and says "bad problems, I won't load it". NI's Service Centre app says that everything's OK.

So I must have done something wrong here, but I can't see what. (By the way, isn't this upgrade procedure excessively complicated?)

I'm running a Power Mac G5, dual 2 GHz, 3.5GB RAM, 87GB free HD space, so I don't see any problems there ... uh, unless KP 2 is Intel only. Could that be it? It would be nice if NI published the system requirements somewhere, but I haven't been able to find them.

Any help or suggestions will be gratefully received.
    Last edited by Martin Ward; 05-20-2008 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Oops, forgot: OS X 10.4.11
    Canberra, Australia

Further to my previous cry for help ...

I thought I could at least use my old KP 1.1.8 while I was getting this straightened out, but now I find that, if I try to add a new patch to an existing sequence, the old KP accesses the new files but then won't accept them.

This now seems like a complete disaster.
    Canberra, Australia

Search the forum for gpo1 and gpo2 install

It's something like this.
    The KP2 installation places the old Instruments and Multis folders in a folder named "Kontakt Player 1 backup"
    Moves he 3 nks dll files from that directory into the new KP2 directory

as I recall, all you need to do is COPY the three dll files back into the
    Kontakt Player 1 backup" directory and then direct your KP1 player to look into that directory.

Many thanks Fred, that seemed to work.

I got my old GPO 1 working again (phew!) and then, with a little fiddling, got Kontakt 2 to launch and behave itself. So I think I'm in business again!

Now I'm nerving myself to download the upgrade that's on the NI site. The last couple of days were a bit scary!

Wouldn't it be nice if the upgrade had a manual with it?
    Canberra, Australia

Go Back to forum