• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: EASTWEST PLAY products with LOGIC 8

Share/Bookmark

EASTWEST PLAY products with LOGIC 8

Hello,
    At sounds online forum [Admin over there kinda strict, not very flexible and tend to delete posts without notice], they won't let me post technical questions so I will post here to check if I am not alone with problems.
    I bought 2 of their "PLAY" [Gypsy/Ministry of Rock] and none of them working stable in my set up. [Newest update as of Apr./1]
    L8, Mac intel 8X Core [2008] 16GB Ram, Symphony Sound card clocked with Rosetta 800.
    With that setup, hard to imagine a better one so there is no way my system can not handle.
    The problem, no matter I set up buffer at 128/256, If I play fast and loud [hit note hard] I frequently get a "click" then the sounds stop, have to hit "play" in Logic to reset then it sound again... Very unstable.
    If I decide to uncheck "Disk stream" in main Menu, I frequently get crash.
    I would like to check if any other Logic users having that kind of problem before I officially contact their support or not use the PLAY at all and wait until a good update to come.
    If you have success story with Play under L8, please share your experience... So far, I only experience that if I check the I/O Safety buffer, It will play nice for a while then screw up again randomly... plus, I don't like the I/O buffer CHECKED because, that way, I get error message more...
    Note that, All other VI works really well [VSL full libraries, Sampletank, RMX, CS80, Komplete 5/Kore2] NI stuffs are not particular well but acceptable.
    Please advise!
    Best regards
    Sonny

Re: EASTWEST PLAY products with LOGIC 8

Quote Originally Posted by dsstudio View Post
    Hello,
    At sounds online forum [Admin over there kinda strict, not very flexible and tend to delete posts without notice], they won't let me post technical questions so I will post here to check if I am not alone with problems.
    I bought 2 of their "PLAY" [Gypsy/Ministry of Rock] and none of them working stable in my set up. [Newest update as of Apr./1]
    L8, Mac intel 8X Core [2008] 16GB Ram, Symphony Sound card clocked with Rosetta 800.
    With that setup, hard to imagine a better one so there is no way my system can not handle.
    The problem, no matter I set up buffer at 128/256, If I play fast and loud [hit note hard] I frequently get a "click" then the sounds stop, have to hit "play" in Logic to reset then it sound again... Very unstable.
    If I decide to uncheck "Disk stream" in main Menu, I frequently get crash.
    I would like to check if any other Logic users having that kind of problem before I officially contact their support or not use the PLAY at all and wait until a good update to come.
    If you have success story with Play under L8, please share your experience... So far, I only experience that if I check the I/O Safety buffer, It will play nice for a while then screw up again randomly... plus, I don't like the I/O buffer CHECKED because, that way, I get error message more...
    Note that, All other VI works really well [VSL full libraries, Sampletank, RMX, CS80, Komplete 5/Kore2] NI stuffs are not particular well but acceptable.
    Please advise!
    Best regards
    Sonny
    Did you try and fill out a service ticket? Try calling them ,323-957-6969
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

Quote Originally Posted by Plus View Post
    Did you try and fill out a service ticket? Try calling them ,323-957-6969
    I want to make sure if any other users having the same problem...
    1- If no one experience the problem, I'll contact support.
    2- If many users experience the problem, I'll put the software aside and get on with my life and wait for a good update to come.
    thanks
    Sonny

SD2 and VOP are both running fine with my Logic 8 setup.
    Mr. Kerry Muzzey

I get the same problem with MOR but not SD2. I've written EW's tech support but haven't heard an answer yet. If you find out what's wrong please let me know. Still, great libraries. I just wish I could use MOR!

So far, I only use each instance with very few articulation [2-4] - also, because of the dang PLAY, I have to set the buffer at 256 [all other VI of mine very happy at 128]... turn off the reverb in you can.
    If I use PLAY as stand alone, I don't have problem so I suspect it's Logic fault... so using IAC might work but have not try yet.
    Thanks
    Sonny

There was a Play update last week that seems to have improved performance. It is running fine here in Logic Pro 8.

I do also recommend using SD2 as a standalone coming into Logic through Soundflower, which allows you to access more RAM.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Thanks Ashermusic
    Yes, I updated the newest version of Play...
    Can you do me and Logic users a favor:
    *Instruction: STEP by STEP how to use IAC and Soundflower?
    Sonny

In the past I would happily have done so but I am writing a book called "Going Po With Logic Pro" and one of the included tutorials is precisely this subject, so my publisher would be upset with me if I do this here. Sorry.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

I recently purchased MOR, use SD which is good, and I find most NI products to be flakey...Im still on LP 7.2.3..and I did speak w/EW's tech dept...
    MOR..all of the guitars work ok except the choresy Fender..I was told to turn off the verb as that uses a lot of resources..After my problems w/SD's Intakt player, Ive gotten into the habit of opening a 2nd project for the same piece, I do my PLAY tracks in the dummy song, bounce to audio, then transfer to my main piece...just in case it crashes..which freaks me because I dont get crashes...well I didnt until I started using Intakt and MOR..recent updates for SD ceased the Intakt problems, and I cant really open anything else in the dummy song if Im using the Fender MOR...I'll generally do a dummy RMX tk to go along w/the Fender...its working ok, but I'll sometimes have to do the Fender line quite a few times to avoid minute crakles..Also running SD thru NI Kontakt sampler seems to make SD more stable...I hear of this MOR problem from quite a few Logic users, w/LP 7.2.3 or LP 8. You are not alone...

Go Back to forum