• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: COPLAND: Appalachian Spring

COPLAND: Appalachian Spring

Please enjoy our performance of Aaron Copland's Appalachian Spring.

To listen without downloading all 22:22 minutes and 20-plus MB, please visit the webpage and click "Listen"

The Fleas
    Rusty Soul Flea Orchestra

(Rendered using GPO version 3.0, JABB; Finale 2008)

Re: COPLAND: Appalachian Spring

Enormous effort to bring this iconic work into the digital age. Congratulations

Wine Country, Colorado

I would like to congratulate you with a hearty BRAVO.

This is superb. The tempi, dynamics, phrasing. All well executed. You have turned a rendering into a performance.

Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Wow. That leaves me breathless. Great rendering. I admire your patience and craftsmanship.
    Best regards,

Little Red King

What a great pleasure you have given me today
    with this excellent rendering of a very old and very
    dear friend of mine. I listened earlier today, and
    have come back now for still another indulgence.

You see, this was the first large piece I ever did
    a detailed analysis of, oh, about 35 years ago under
    the guidance of my mentor and friend, theorist
    Terrence Greenawalt. I perhaps learned more at his
    hand about music than any other; and much of it in
    the studies of Aaron Copland.

Thank you for this. A wonderful job on it!

My best,

When I was younger, I listened to a piece by Copland and was bored to tears. I have no Idea today what that piece was, but I know it was not one of his famous ones. A couple of years ago when I realized it was his music in the beef commercials, I went out and started to find that he is a true American Icon. Just some of the greatest american music around.

Thanks for posting this

I had to plug my two cents here. The very first "serious" orchestral music I fell in love with was Appalachian Spring. I have lived and breathed Copland's music ever since. You have done a wonderful job of capturing his music. Thank you for your incredible effort in your renduring of one of my favorite pieces of music.

Serenity Musician (Gary A.)

HP Pavilion Elite, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 12 gig ram, 1 terabyte hd., E-MU 0404, Korg K61, Finale 2012, Sonar X2 Producer

Orcas Island

Over 21 munutes of pure delight! What an undertaking this must have been and what a great job on this. I am so impressed with how good this sounds ( this has always been one of my favs ).

I only wish I could feature it on our web site, but being written in 1942 seems to put it out of public domain.

Nevertheless, I am so glad you posted it here for comment and for us to enjoy. This is quite an achievement.

Thanks for posting this.

All the best,

Simply awesome... along with your other performances (I hesitate to say merely "renderings").

Whatever techniques and processes you happen to be using, they are executed with a tremendously high level of musicianship. Congratulations!

Wow! What an undertaking and absolutely AMAZING rendition. This is truly superb. I actually went to listen to a recording I have of this, after I heard the "Flea's" version, then went back to yours because I prefer it!

Wonderful work! Well done on a mammoth task, for producing such an aural delight!

"Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast