• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Help getting GPO to work with K2 player on Intel Mac

Share/Bookmark

Arrow Help getting GPO to work with K2 player on Intel Mac

Hey y'all-

We're just about to give up here in Nashville. We had this thing working two years ago but now, after all the updates, uninstalling, reinstalling and updating some more before doing all again six times or so, we can't get it to work. We get the message "The patch you're trying to load cannot be used with this application". Huh? What gives? We've about had it with this thing!

Thanks.

P.S.-I'm on a macbook 2.0 with 2 gig ram on Pro Tools 7.4 OSX 1.4.9

Ed

Re: Help getting GPO to work with K2 player on Intel Mac

Hi

From the sounds of things, you have updated your version of Kontakt player, but have not updated the GPO libraries.

You need to go to the NI website and look for updates.

Select "Garritan Personal Orchestra" when selecting a product to update (not "Garritan -Personal Orchestra KP2 Update"), then download "Garritan Personal Orchestra Kontakt Player 2.2.3 Mac OS X Update"
    This particular file has the updates not only for the Kontak2 player, but also the updates to the GPO library itself.

After installing that one, you can then go back to the NI website again.

Select "Garritan Personal Orchestra KP2 Update" when selecting a product to update and then download "Kontakt Player 2.2.4 Mac Update"

This procedure will update both the libraries and the player so they will work together.

Cheers...

Daz :0)

Thanks very much! I'll give that a shot tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by darrob View Post
    Hi

From the sounds of things, you have updated your version of Kontakt player, but have not updated the GPO libraries.

You need to go to the NI website and look for updates.

Select "Garritan Personal Orchestra" when selecting a product to update (not "Garritan -Personal Orchestra KP2 Update"), then download "Garritan Personal Orchestra Kontakt Player 2.2.3 Mac OS X Update"
    This particular file has the updates not only for the Kontak2 player, but also the updates to the GPO library itself.

After installing that one, you can then go back to the NI website again.

Select "Garritan Personal Orchestra KP2 Update" when selecting a product to update and then download "Kontakt Player 2.2.4 Mac Update"

This procedure will update both the libraries and the player so they will work together.

Cheers...

Daz :0)
    Guess what? I went to the site but according to it I had already downloaded those updates and I installed them. What's next?
    Nothing works and this is a HUGE hassle. No-one I talked to
    in the last few weeks has any answers and I'm about to buy
    another program. This is VERY frustrating!

You are definitely trying to load a patch from the GPO KP1 library into KP2. Make sure your GPO Library\Instruments and GPO Library\Multis folders are the GPO KP2 folders installed by the GPO KP2.2.3 updater. Right now they seem to be the old GPO KP1 folders with the same names. Also make sure, that Garritan Personal Orchestra KP2 in KP2 (click the "Info" button) is pointed to the GPO Library folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge View Post
    You are definitely trying to load a patch from the GPO KP1 library into KP2. Make sure your GPO Library\Instruments and GPO Library\Multis folders are the GPO KP2 folders installed by the GPO KP2.2.3 updater. Right now they seem to be the old GPO KP1 folders with the same names. Also make sure, that Garritan Personal Orchestra KP2 in KP2 (click the "Info" button) is pointed to the GPO Library folder.
    Allright, thanks. I'll give it a try....but I'm pretty suspicious
    right now though. P.S.-The people at NI are WORTHLESS when it
    comes to support. You shouldn't sell something if you can't
    service it.

Allright, I GIVE UP. This is ridiculous.
    I just did everything over again as posted and now
    the K2 player doesn't even show up in the insert section
    of my Pro Tools session! At least it was there before.
    (Though of course it didn't work)

What a waste....it was a good product when it worked.

P.S.-I'll pay anybody $100. if they can come over and make this thing work.
    But ONLY if it works. Otherwise I'm gonna' get the Vienna strings which I understand are a lot easier to get installed and working on Intel Macs.
    No offense, it's just that I've spent nearly a month trying to get this work following every instruction thoroughly, even to the extent I had two other people try the whole process in place of me in case I was making mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by shikawkee View Post
    P.S.-The people at NI are WORTHLESS when it
    comes to support. You shouldn't sell something if you can't
    service it.
    Actually, it's not NI, that sells GPO. Garritan sells GPO, so technical support of GPO is Garritan's responsibility. NI is only responsible for activation support (since they handle the activation), and activation is not the issue here. Did you ask Garritan for support?

Talking of activation: I imagine you did activate GPO, but did you also afterwards run KP2 standalone before trying to load the GPO KP2 plugin in your host?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge View Post
    Actually, it's not NI, that sells GPO. Garritan sells GPO, so technical support of GPO is Garritan's responsibility. NI is only responsible for activation support (since they handle the activation), and activation is not the issue here. Did you ask Garritan for support?

Talking of activation: I imagine you did activate GPO, but did you also afterwards run KP2 standalone before trying to load the GPO KP2 plugin in your host?
    Actually, yeah, I did.
    I sent an e-mail to Gary Garritan and his secretary
    directed me to the folks at NI. VERY frustrating if that's
    not who I should have been talking to all this time.

We're not idiots here, just sick of being on wild goose
    chases.

Go Back to forum