• Register
  • Help

Topic: adding parts to existing audio trac, which program

Share/Bookmark

adding parts to existing audio trac, which program

Im adding mostly string parts to existing audio tracs. I do a lot of country and gospel. I know finale and sibilius will play back what you write. Is there anything out where I can hear the original trac along with what im writing. I would also like to be able to save what I write as audio wav files is that possable. can you freeze tracs in a notation program like you can in say nuendo.

Re: adding parts to existing audio trac, which program

Im adding mostly string parts to existing audio tracs. I do a lot of country and gospel. I know finale and sibilius will play back what you write. Is there anything out where I can hear the original trac along with what im writing. I would also like to be able to save what I write as audio wav files is that possable. can you freeze tracs in a notation program like you can in say nuendo.

I use Cubase but I believe that many sequencers (even the cheap ones) will do exactly what you ask.

You can load a wav file into Cubase and play it back, then whilst it is playing you can play along in midi using something like a GM sound. This can be recorded separately. If you are using something like GPO running as a VST within the sequencer then this can be recorded either directly as a midi file for editing and replay or recorded straight down as a wav file.

You must have a duplex soundcard that can record and playback simultaneously ( most do ).

The first method is probably the best, play along with GPO into midi, then play it back on its own and record it to wav. Its really easy.

Cubase (and others) let you enter the notes either by playing on a keyboard, writing on a score or a pianoroll. The final score is not as detailed as Sibelius and Finale but the result is the same and perhaps more useful to you.

A magazine called Computer Music available in UK and I believe US carries a free sequencer and all the works as part of its free DVD each month, if you can get a copy try this system out.

Re: adding parts to existing audio trac, which program

Sibelius can do what you ask, and also produce perfect scores and charts for your real players to read. You just import a wav file into your project and score along as you listen. Good luck.

Go Back to forum