• Register
  • Help

Topic: NI Kontakt 3 Compatibility

Share/Bookmark

NI Kontakt 3 Compatibility

I am considering to crossgrade to the full version of Kontakt so that I can use the same sampler for all of my current libraries (GPO, JABB, CoMB and several East West libs).

I am comfortable with Kontakt 2 after spending the last year playing with KP2.

Kontakt 3 looks to be a better product but I read before that there may be issues with K3 breaking some scripts in JABB and GPO etc...

Has anyone had much luck with Kontakt 3 with the Garritan libs?

K2 or K3 - what would you go for?

Re: NI Kontakt 3 Compatibility

Amazing, I was just about to post about the same topic, be it from a slightly different angle.

I've just bought kontakt 3 (well I got a free upgrade at christmas but it only recently arrived!) and my question is:

Are the Garritan products compatible with it? I am getting clicks and such-like from them when used with GPO, but don't know if its a prob with my computer or not as I'm working on a large project and haven't had time to do extensive testing (hardware or software)...im guessing they arent fully compatible

Mad Kiltie. Garritan products work fine with K2, I've had them doing so for about 9 months now and they are great, however K3 is BRILLIANT. It is a great sampler and its own orchestral sounds are top notch (brass in particular), as well as a wealth of other samples (5 DVDs worth!). I would recommend getting K3, but continue to use the KP2 for Garritan products. (THats what I will do from now on, which has the added bonus of keeping all my orchestral instruments in one sample-player - which is nice on my brain!)

I don't know about Eastwest libraries yet, I only have stormdrum and haven't used it yet in K3. perhaps someone else can tell us about that!

Ben

PS: apologies for being away for a while everyone...my internet was down for 3 weeks!

I use Kontakt 3 with all of my Garritan sample libraries (Garritan Personal Orchestra, Jazz And Big Band, Concert And Marching Band and other non-Garritan libraries) and have had no problems.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Really Larry? Oh dear then! Whats your hardware setup? and Mad Kiltie, whats yours?

Specs:

Desktop 2.4GHz Core 2
    3Gb RAM
    500Gb 7200rpm Hard Drive (planning to add 2nd for libraries only)
    Win XP Pro SP2
    Creative Audigy 4

Thanks Mad, I'm using the following:

macbook pro 2.4Hhz (dual core 2)
    4Gb RAM
    7200rpm drive (external)
    Tascam 1804
    OSX (10.4.11.something)

and im having problems with GPO.. would be great to hear what Larry is using, or if anyone else has experienced problems with kontakt 3 and Garritan products.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by BenNichols View Post
    ...would be great to hear what Larry is using, or if anyone else has experienced problems with kontakt 3 and Garritan products.
    2.4 mHertz CPU
    Sonar 7
    Two gigs of RAM
    Large, fast hard drives
    Kontakt One, Two and Three

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

You need to update to Kontakt 3.0.2. That took care of the problems for me. K3.0.0 is useless.

There are also some differents between version 2 and 3.

Kontakt 3 can`t play the stradivari right, ...for example.
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Go Back to forum