• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: OLD STEINWAY - Capriccio

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Lightbulb OLD STEINWAY - Capriccio

    New title for Old Steinway...


    COSMOPOLITAN ANTHEM NO 1


    Spanish Castle (piano solo)

    with the older version of Mr.Garritan's Steinway


    videoscore here



    Fred
    Last edited by Fredrik; 04-13-2008 at 05:42 AM. Reason: fifth update...

  2. #2

    Re: OLD STEINWAY - Capriccio

    Another energetic (if brief) Fredrik extravaganza!

    Fredrik, perhaps you could bring the piano up a
    little more in the mix?

    The GPO.Steinway, by the way -- I've always found
    it quite, quite good for orchestral work.

    My best,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

  3. #3

    Re: OLD STEINWAY - Capriccio

    Hey Fred, very clever, energetic, and witty; although I enjoyed the more sombre mood change toward the end. Very much enjoyed.

    Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

  4. #4

    Cool Re: OLD STEINWAY - Capriccio

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    Another energetic (if brief) Fredrik extravaganza!

    Fredrik, perhaps you could bring the piano up a
    little more in the mix?

    The GPO.Steinway, by the way -- I've always found
    it quite, quite good for orchestral work.

    My best,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    HI David,

    Lol! Yes this one is the most extravagant so far -- my own cosmopolitan anthem.

    Fred

  5. #5

    Re: OLD STEINWAY - Capriccio

    Very exciting and energetic, Fredrik.

    A lot going on here and sounds very well
    adapted to cinema.

    Good orchestrating, Fredrik

    Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

  6. #6

    Cool Re: OLD STEINWAY - Capriccio

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor View Post
    Hey Fred, very clever, energetic, and witty; although I enjoyed the more sombre mood change toward the end. Very much enjoyed.

    Michael
    Hi Michael,

    Have just uploaded my 3rd update! It's a little bit longer...

    The Cello solo part before the end is almost Austrian and alpine in its character!

    My tribute to the composer of the Alpine Symphony


    Fred

  7. #7

    Cool Re: OLD STEINWAY - Capriccio

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2 View Post
    Very exciting and energetic, Fredrik.

    A lot going on here and sounds very well
    adapted to cinema.

    Good orchestrating, Fredrik

    Jack
    Hi Jack,

    Have just uploaded the fourth update of my mini piano concertino!


    Glad you enjoyed my new extravaganza on the old Steinway.


    Fred

  8. #8

    Re: OLD STEINWAY - Capriccio

    Fred,

    Very enjpyable and energetic piece. Like the rhythmic pattern near the beginning -- which reemerges a few times. Also liked how the (playful) melody starts a bit diatonic and turns dissonant near the end. Smooth transition to slow part though would have liked to hear that part expand a bit more. Fine work.

  9. #9

    Cool Re: OLD STEINWAY - Capriccio

    Quote Originally Posted by lesotho72 View Post
    Fred,

    Very enjoyable and energetic piece. Like the rhythmic pattern near the beginning -- which reemerges a few times. Also liked how the (playful) melody starts a bit diatonic and turns dissonant near the end. Smooth transition to slow part though would have liked to hear that part expand a bit more. Fine work.
    Those were very inspiring words Daniel!

    quote:"would have liked to hear that part expand a bit more."

    From start, I just wanted to do a short anthem! But then I started to expand the exposition and the piece went through 4 updates, so why not even expand the slow part-- Yes! I will think about it

    Regards,

    Fred

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •