• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question about ordering Garritan/Steinway

Share/Bookmark

Question about ordering Garritan/Steinway

I ordered the Garritan/Steinway Standard version about 10-12 days ago. While the online order form seemed to function correctly, I never received any type of email confirmation about my order.

Is that normal? Will I eventually receive an email invoice or confirmation?

Has the Standard version begun shipping?

Thanks!
    Kyle Ashley
    www.demorecording.com

System Specs: Win XP SP2 Intel Core 2 Duo E6600@ 2.4Ghz Asus P5B-E (965 chipset) AMBIOS v. 0706
    2GB Corsair DDR (800MHz – 2x1GB sticks) Nvidia Geforce 6200TC (128MB, dual head)
    MAudio Audiophile 192 (2) UAD-1 PCIe FS Bus Speed 1066Mhz 24/44.1

Samplitude 10.02 track FX mode 2048 and 4096 VIP object buffers 64/128 ASIO buffers

Re: Question about ordering Garritan/Steinway

Hi!

I don't know about the standard version, but I made my order as soon as I saw the online form and sent an inquiry few days ago whether my order came through. They said they're just catching up on the backorders and I'll get my order eventually. I didn't receive any confirmation either.

Only the basic version says "Coming soon" on the order page, so I'd assume the Standard version is shipping as we speak. I guess we just have to wait for few more days...

I don't think an email confirmation is part of the process, just the web page. I believe they said they were shipping the professional version first.

Hope you get yours soon!
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Gary's probably whale back riding again leaving all the distribution to his wife!
    Really though, after hearing the demos this is worth a bit of a wait. Should come soon. Or .... Later.
    Styxx

Thanks for verifying that there were no confirmation emails sent after ordering. I just wanted to make sure my order was actually placed so all this anticipation is not in vain!
    Kyle Ashley
    www.demorecording.com

System Specs: Win XP SP2 Intel Core 2 Duo E6600@ 2.4Ghz Asus P5B-E (965 chipset) AMBIOS v. 0706
    2GB Corsair DDR (800MHz – 2x1GB sticks) Nvidia Geforce 6200TC (128MB, dual head)

Samplitude 10.02 track FX mode 2048 and 4096 VIP object buffers 64/128 ASIO buffers

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Ashley View Post
    Thanks for verifying that there were no confirmation emails sent after ordering. I just wanted to make sure my order was actually placed so all this anticipation is not in vain!
    Hi Kyle

It would be better to email or call to verify an order.

Best,

Gary

They are being shipped. I emailed for confirmation and received a prompt and very courteous reply. Mine will be delivered tomorrow - would have been today but I was not at home to accept delivery. I have asked both UPS and FedEx not to leave packages at my door after a shipment of Easter Candy I had ordered for my grandchildren disappeared from my front porch when it was delivered at a time when I wasn't at home. I don't mind waiting an extra day to know that I will have it!

I am very excited!
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Thanks Guys...I took Gary's advice and called to confirm my order. It was shipping today so I should be enjoying some Steinway love by early next week.
    Kyle Ashley
    www.demorecording.com

This is off topic, but I just realized that Gary is on Orcas Island. Perhaps the most awesome place in the world. Can't wait to get my steinway pro. (back on topic!) I guess the new batches must have arrived today.
    THANKS,
    Alan

Go Back to forum