• Register
  • Help

Topic: It's Arriving Soon! (GS4)

Share/Bookmark

It's Arriving Soon! (GS4)

From the Sweetwater website:

We've confirmed this item has shipped from TASCAM and should arrive in our warehouse within a day or two.
    Nicolas Roy
    www.nicolasroy.com

Re: It's Arriving Soon! (GS4)

Uh huh. I think I read that last month. Don't hold your breath.

Got mine, and it's a breeze to install.

Lot's of great sounding content too.

I will be going to 64bit when Soniccore releases the XITE-1 in late May, but 32bit XP w. 4GB's is what I have now, and it seems to load way more than GS3 ever could possibly do.

My old GSIF Creamware drivers from 1999 are still as stable as the sunrise also.

Never thought I would say this but even my Kontackt instruments sound better being hosted by GS4.

Somebody did their homework, that's 4 sure.

Having Kontackt and Giga under the same shell in Bidule was nice, but GS4 is a much better host, and can load even more than I was getting w/ the 3GB PAE.

When I go to 8GB's this summer this should be a great leap in live loads.

The days of 2 DAW's onstage are finally over.
    JimmyV

Quote Originally Posted by scope4live View Post
    Got mine, and it's a breeze to install.
    Having Kontackt and Giga under the same shell in Bidule was nice, but GS4 is a much better host, and can load even more than I was getting w/ the 3GB PAE.
    Cool! I'd be interested to see some benchmarks comparing GS3 and GS4 loading limits. I've run a few tests on my Intel rig but didn't notice much but definitely going to check my AMD one now and have a look

I agree, it is awesome having Kontakt/Kompakt and Giga coming from the same place! Especially sharing reverb and fx Have you had much experience with Stormdrums? I have RMX and it doesn't seem to like that (I think to do with the tempo) but definitely wondering how Stormdrums will sound hosted in GS4.

Go Back to forum