• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bass Guitar Slides with JABB

Share/Bookmark

Bass Guitar Slides with JABB

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all are doing great. I am trying to make some octave slides ( with pitch bend) with a fretless bass in JABB? I was wondering, how that was possible in JABB as stand alone or in Finale?

I have also another problem. Maybe I should posted on Finale forum. I am trying to save my arrangement as Audio file. But I cannot fix the volume of some instruments at all on the mixer? All it changes is the guiar? is this for using Human playbakc? Can I save my voulume changes ( like automatomations in DAW) in Finale Mixer?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
    Chekad Sarami
    Math Professor

Re: Bass Guitar Slides with JABB

You need to set the pitch bend range to 12 before you start. This is shown in the Kontakt window (on the left). Do this and the full range of pitch bend is + and - 12

Re: Bass Guitar Slides with JABB

Quote Originally Posted by chikitin View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I hope you all are doing great. I am trying to make some octave slides ( with pitch bend) with a fretless bass in JABB? I was wondering, how that was possible in JABB as stand alone or in Finale?
    In Finale, if you use the notation set of instruments, the pitch bend is already set to an octave.

In Finale add the smart shape gliss between your beginning and ending note. In the HP preferences, go to the "Glissandi & Bends" tab. Choose what variables you want. Make sure it's set to a 12 semi-tone pitch bend range. I also think it sounds a little better if you check "delay if possible".

Smile Re: Bass Guitar Slides with JABB

Thanks much. Now I know how to do it with confidence! I used to do it with HP ( settin glissando to "pitchbend"). I will try it with delay.
    Chekad Sarami
    Math Professor

Go Back to forum