• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Jesus Loves Me (orchestra) Ric Flauding

Share/Bookmark

Jesus Loves Me (orchestra) Ric Flauding

I had to change LINKs for this one. Here's the new LINK.

"Jesus Loves Me (2008)": symphonic orchestra.
    http://ricflauding.com/music-220.html

(c)(p) Richard Flauding/"Flauding Music".
    Arranged & Performed by Ric Flauding (ASCAP).
    Equipment: Finale 08.
    Last edited by Ric Flauding; 04-15-2008 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Info added.

Re: Jesus Loves Me (orchestra) Ric Flauding

Ric,

All I can say is WOW! I mean WOW!!!! What a wonderful rendition of a simple melody! Everything about this piece is perfect. Thank you for inspiring me and for sharing this beautiful piece of music! Take care.

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Marvelous arrangement and rendering, Ric.

This is one of my favorite hymns from Sunday School
    so long ago and you have given it such a lofty performance,
    which it so deserves.........

Thank you, Ric

and BRAVO on your musicanship

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Wonderful handling of the orchestra. How did you get such an amazing sound? Lots of tweaking.
    Checked out your website/bio. You worked with Megadeath!?! Pretty impressive range -- Dave Mustane to Jesus
    Thanks for posting. Really looking forward to hearing more of your work

Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician View Post
    Ric,

All I can say is WOW! I mean WOW!!!! What a wonderful rendition of a simple melody! Everything about this piece is perfect. Thank you for inspiring me and for sharing this beautiful piece of music! Take care.

Gary
    Gary: Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2 View Post
    Marvelous arrangement and rendering, Ric.

This is one of my favorite hymns from Sunday School
    so long ago and you have given it such a lofty performance,
    which it so deserves.........

Thank you, Ric

and BRAVO on your musicanship

Jack
    Jack: Thank You. The goal for the "Jesus Loves..." was to give it a more "adult" slant as compared to the usual childrens approach. More from one who has some life/scars on him/her. Maybe even with a question mark at the end? I think it was C. S. Lewis who said something like "if you don't have at least one point in your life where your not questioning your faith, you may want to question your faith"? But I'll leave that for another time.
    Thank you for the kind review. Ric Flauding

Quote Originally Posted by lesotho72 View Post
    Wonderful handling of the orchestra. How did you get such an amazing sound? Lots of tweaking.
    Checked out your website/bio. You worked with Megadeath!?! Pretty impressive range -- Dave Mustane to Jesus
    Thanks for posting. Really looking forward to hearing more of your work
    Daniel: Thank you. Regarding "tweaking": I use Finale 08 only. I do however have 2 files. One I call an "Audio Score" (for the audio purpose), the other, the "actual score" (as it will look on paper). I do these for actual live orchestra use.
    As far as Megadeth: I was Dave Mustaines guitar teacher (and friend) after his arm injury and surgery a few years back. I was also hired by Dave as the guitar consultant for one of his recent Megadeth albums.
    Thank you again Daniel. Ric Flauding.

It is truly astonishing what you do with such a simple little melody !! I enjoyed your arrangement VERY much. Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

nice arranging, I was also so pleased to read that you use a separate notation file for rendering the sound, as compared to one that prints the score, very wise. Thanks for your boldness in posting Jesus Love Me ...
    this I know
    Dan

Someone asked the brilliant theologian Karl Barth if he could sum up his whole theology in just a few words. Barth replied, "Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so."

This piece reminds me of an event in 1 Kings 19:11-12,

Then [God] said [to Elijah], “Go out, and stand on the mountain before the LORD.” And behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice.

Great job on this wonderful orchestration, Ric.
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast