• Register
  • Help

Topic: StringDoubler - Add Warmth and Life to Your String Sounds

StringDoubler - Add Warmth and Life to Your String Sounds

StringDoubler Strings are the product of more than 20 years of searching through tapes and soundfiles from my recording sessions to find samples that have the most natural sound possible, such as audible vibrato and real volume swells. When combined with the more “homogeneous” sounds of synth or sample-session based strings, StringDoubler Strings help to create a warmer, more natural string section for your productions. Each carefully cross-faded sample is at least 30 seconds long to enhance smoothness.

Using StringDoubler Strings can be as simple as this:

In your sequencer, copy your string parts and have StringDoubler Strings play them along with the string library you’re already using.

Or, if you want to try more advanced techniques, you can replace your strings with StringDoubler on one or two lines only, and/or change velocities to emphasize certain notes.

We’ve all experienced the benefit at times of doubling or layering timbres to enhance sounds. Basically, what I’ve done with StringDoubler Strings is collected some good legato string samples with the qualities I’ve mentioned above to give you a second timbre bank to add color, depth and naturalness to your strings.

The demo at the top of the stringdoubler.com page (one.mp3) shows a sequence played using a high-end string library. The next (both.mp3) shows the same sequence played using that library and StringDoubler strings together.

If you like, you can download the next demo and midi file and try layering StringDoubler Strings with your own library.

I hope you enjoy the demos! If you have any questions, feel free to email me at info@stringdoubler.com.

Roger Hoffman

[This message has been edited by Rog (edited 03-25-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Rog (edited 03-25-2002).]

Re: StringDoubler - Add Warmth and Life to Your String Sounds

Hey all

Any thoughts?

Go Back to forum