• Register
  • Help

Topic: A quick hello and a few questions to start off with.

Share/Bookmark

A quick hello and a few questions to start off with.

First of all a big hello to everyone on this forum.

I am a (semi) fresh faced composer just out of uni and attempting to forge a name as a game composer.

Currently I am working on small mods at the moment to help build up my sound design and composition skills for game. Everyone has to start at the bottom and this seems to me to be a good idea.

However the time will come when I will have the bare faced cheek to ask for payment for my work and this is where some questions lie. How much do I charge? What do I do about copyrights and if I am to create a contract what should be in it? Is there a template I should start from?

Many questions you see and I would love to hear advice from you guys plus any pointers in finding work and contacts (urls and the like)

Oh and totally off topic but does anyone have a decent sound of a Koala Bear grunting?

Re: A quick hello and a few questions to start off with.

Do a search and dig around in this forum and you will have many answers to your questions. You might want to start with the book "Game Audio" and go from there. It is a long road....
    Doyle W. Donehoo, Composer
    Radar Music
    www.doylewdonehoo.com

Re: A quick hello and a few questions to start off with.

Ok cheers for that. I own 'Game Audio' but have been reading about the Fat Man so I haven't got round to it.

Go Back to forum