• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Rare Giga Percussion Available

Share/Bookmark

Rare Giga Percussion Available

Just wanted to let you know that DC Gigasamples Exotic Percussion Vol. 1 is now shipping. Instruments include huge African drums, Ocean Drum, Talking Drum, tabla sets and other hard-to-find percussion. The CD-ROM contains over 800 individual samples! Most instruments have 4 velocities. Many have release triggers. We\'re offering a special deal on it until April.

There are two new demos up on the site as well as more information and full instrument list.
    Visit http://www.digitalcomplete.com

Or use this direct link if you have javascript enabled: http://www.digitalcomplete.com/soundtools/content/dcgigasamples.html

Thanks for your time,
    Dave C. Polcino
    ---------------
    Digital Complete
    Tools and Knowledge for Multimedia http://www.digitalcomplete.com
    dave@digitalcomplete.com
    ---------------

Re: Rare Giga Percussion Available

Sounds very interesting Dave, thanks for the info!!
    :-)
    -Zack

Dave, are you planning another eBay offering for this product?

Dasher

Dave,

I took a listen to your demos on the percussion disk and I couldn\'t help myself. The price was right and I had a balance in my PayPal account, so I ordered a copy. I can\'t want for it to come in. Keep up the good work!

Joel

Dave,
    Just like Joel, I love what I hear.

Only a couple of questions:

1) Can you supply any information about the key mappings of the instruments? For instance, on the Tabla Set, which I\'m interested in, what keys do what?

2) Please respond as to any copy protection or lack there of associated with this library.

I suspect I\'m buying a copy as soon as I receive these answers.

Thanks!

Mark

[This message has been edited by Mark_Knecht (edited 03-27-2002).]

Maybe down the line a bit. Right now they\'re selling pretty well.

Thanks,Dave

All the key mapping are listed in a text file on the CD-ROM, as well as some tips and suggestions on how to best use the instruments.

The tabla set has both the Bayan and the Dayan. Here\'s the mapping:

Dayan- 4 vel.
    C3- beater center
    D- beater edge
    E- stick center
    F- stick edge
    G- hand center
    A- hand center
    B- hand edge
    C4- hand edge
    D- hand mute (damps G3,A3,B3,C4)
    E- hand mute (damps G3,A3,B3,C4)

Bayan- 4 vel.
    C3- beater center
    D- beater edge
    E- stick center
    F- stick edge
    G- hand center
    A- hand center
    B- hand edge
    C4- hand edge
    D- hand mute (damps G3,A3,B3,C4)
    E- hand mute (damps G3,A3,B3,C4)

The mutes sound great when the damp a stilling ringing hand hit. Also, when you see G3 and A3 for example, they both say \"hand center\", that\'s a total of eight unique samples (4 per key in this case), so playing just those two keys (especially when mapped to a percussion or drum pad) really sounds like you\'re using both hands to play.

Copy protection? Well, please don\'t! :-)
    The instruments are easy to install, just drag them to your Giga-database and refresh your list.

Dave,
    Purchase made! thanks!
    Mark

PatS

Did you notice the product guarantee?

Top of the page:
    \"Professional-strength sample banks for Tascam\'s GigaSampler and GigaStudio. Recorded in a professional 24-bit studio. Don\'t let the low price fool you, these are top notch, custom made samples. In fact, we guarantee you\'ll find them a useful addition to your sample collection*.\"

Bottom of the page:
    \"* If you are not satisfied with your DC product, you can return it to us and we\'ll send you a complete refund (minus shipping) once we have received the return and it is in its original condition.\"

Not quite sure what \"original condition\" means, but those are great prices regardless. Time to start digging around for some loose change in the couch.

Pat

Pat,
    I did notice the 24-bit statement, however, my family room is a 24-bit studio these days, so that\'s a pretty common capability.

On the other hand, I can tell you from my own 24-bit record, the driving factors with a project like this will likely be:

1) The quality of the drums themselves. Do they sound \'good\', \'interesting\' or \'musical\'. (Feel free to subsitute your own ideas here.)

2) The mics chosen to do the recording.

3) The mic preamps.

If the above 3 items are great, then this could be a great addition to the GSt world.

The other thing I\'m curious about is the tuning of drums like Tablas and Djembes, which are so driven by that sort of thing. I\'m be curious to see how well they fit in with my own drums, and the songs I\'m working on.

Fun!

Cheers,
    Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PatS:
    Did you notice the product guarantee?

Top of the page:
    \"Professional-strength sample banks for Tascam\'s GigaSampler and GigaStudio. Recorded in a professional 24-bit studio. Don\'t let the low price fool you, these are top notch, custom made samples. In fact, we guarantee you\'ll find them a useful addition to your sample collection*.\"

Bottom of the page:
    \"* If you are not satisfied with your DC product, you can return it to us and we\'ll send you a complete refund (minus shipping) once we have received the return and it is in its original condition.\"

Not quite sure what \"original condition\" means, but those are great prices regardless. Time to start digging around for some loose change in the couch.

Pat
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go Back to forum