• Register
  • Help

Topic: Grey background/"new" icon?

Share/Bookmark

Grey background/"new" icon?

Hi-

No doubt a very simple question, but I haven't found it in the documentation. What does it mean if I load a saved Multi and some of the instruments have a grey background and a "new" icon, instead of orange with the "GPO" icon? They seem to work fine.

Host: SONAR PE 7.0.2.

Thanks-

-Susan

Re: Grey background/"new" icon?

This is a longstanding NI bug that doesn't "mean" anything. It's purely cosmetic (but nevertheless anoying).

Glad you brought that up, Susan. I've had the same thing happen to me and wondered what was up about that. It didn't seem to affect anything, just seemed weird.

So Nickie, thanks for clearing this up.

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Ok, thanks!

-Susan

This is a bug which was really getting me down. Not a Major issue but a pain nonetheless.

Happily, someone (dsampson55) found a cure.
    refer to his post here http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=58447
    Specifically, his third suggestion (deleting the ....info.nkc) was the one that worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by darrob View Post
    This is a bug which was really getting me down. Not a Major issue but a pain nonetheless.

Happily, someone (dsampson55) found a cure.
    refer to his post here http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=58447
    Specifically, his third suggestion (deleting the ....info.nkc) was the one that worked for me.
    Didn't that thread deal with the missing library icon in the Library (left) pane? I believe Susan was referring to the Instrument skins, that sometimes are missing from saved Multis. This is a different issue, which also affects Kontakt 2 (and not just with KP2 library Multis).

Go Back to forum