http://wizardmedia.level0.org/sound-libraries-1-0.html

All Guitars are also available at SoundOnDemand:
    http://www.soundsondemand.com/index.asp/de

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

Re: Chris Hein - Guitars => Individual Downloads available

Great news!

I have really longed for your guitar library this week for a small mockup I'm doing but couldn't afford it at the moment. Now one of those affordable babes are definitely on my to-buy list. :-D
    Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, LinuxSampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland JX-10, 4GB RAM Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux 64 bit

Thumbs up Re: Chris Hein - Guitars => Individual Downloads available

This is great Chris! I've been wanting the Mandolin but don't need a whole Guitar lib.

Any chance that these will be available through a US retailer, so we won't have to deal with foreign sales, entering charge numbers online, etc?

(For example, Musician's Friend sells the complete CH Guitars package.)

Congratulations, Chris!
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Quote Originally Posted by ejr View Post
    Any chance that these will be available through a US retailer, so we won't have to deal with foreign sales, entering charge numbers online, etc?

Doesn't it work with PayPal?

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

I won't use PayPal. I've had lots of problems with them in the past, as have many of my own clients. (Google "PayPal" and "problem" and you'll get some idea of what the problems are with them.)

I don't really know what your problem is. Most of my customers are from USA.
    You pay in EURO, ok, but the price would be the same in USD.
    Your credit card company charges you in USD anyway.
    I could write the prices in different currencies if that is what you want.
    But, if you are on mac, you could get a widget like these:
    http://www.apple.com/search/downloads/?q=currency

Also, keep in mind, you save 19% VAT. compared to private persons from europe.
    US retailers would have to charge US VAT.

So, anyway, at the moment the individual download are only available
    at my new online shop or at soundsondemand.com
    If you HAVE to pay in USD, go to a retailer and get the full version. ;-)

Another advantage is, if there is any problem, I'll anwer and help you personally.
    :-)

And thanks btw to all the guys who ordered already,
    the shop-opening is better than I expected. :-)

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

I won't use PayPal. I've had lots of problems with them in the past, as have many of my own clients. (Google "PayPal" and "problem" and you'll get some idea of what the problems are with them.)
    ejr, if you can't or won't use paypal, and are generally nervous about using naked credit cards on the web (as you should be), then I would stronly suggest finding a card that provides "virtual account numbers". I have one, and it's great -- you generate a virtual card number that is tied back to your account, the number is only good until the end of that month (unless you extend it), and most importantly the number is only good for one merchant. So, for example, I can make 3 separate amazon purchases with one virtual number, but if somebody stole the number somehow they couldn't go buy cigarettes at some online smoke shop...

Regarding safety of internet transactions... if part of your problem with paypal and/or european shops is security, then you're barking up the wrong tree. Any merchant or company that has access to your credit number exposes you directly to fraud -- this includes large corporations right down to physically using your card at the local coffee shop.
    See recent TJX debacle, and countless other examples. Obviously, if you give your credit card number to the operator of some eastern european warez site, then your risk is higher . But just because a transaction service is "european" doesn't automatically translate to more risk. There are many many many US based companies that are willing to play loosey goosey with your private info, either on purpose, or simply because stringent security is both hard to implement and expensive.

If you're problem with paypal is customer service, then you're entitled to your opinion there... I won't argue anything on that front, but my experience with them over the last few years has not been unpleasant. Note that even when I do use paypal, I do paypal transactions using virtual account numbers. The consumer can't be too careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hein View Post
    And thanks btw to all the guys who ordered already,the shop-opening is better than I expected. :-)
    Chris, thanks for putting your stuff online like this. I was hoping you would do that with your guitars, so that I could pick up just the instruments I want!

My experience with your online shop was a good one overall... a couple of suggestions (I'm in the US, by the way):

1.) VAT calc in shoping cart -- I think the only way to null out the VAT is to click on the little ">" button next to the "Do you have a VAT ID" text entry box. I left the text box empty and clicked the button, and that recalculated the price ex VAT. A little confusing/non-intuitive, or perhaps there were instructions somewhere that I missed.

2.) Once the transaction went through I was brought to the page with the download links. That page had some funky business going on with its frames, like there was some broken frame at the bottom, and there was something wierd going on in the main frame. This is from memory, so I might be thinking of the page before the last page in the sequence, can't remember. Anyway, I'm on IE6 here. (Actually, I just logged into the shop with my ID, and I see similar behavior on the "Profile" page".)

3.) Email receipt -- I didn't get one, and after thinking about it I don't think the order entry process ever asked for one (or perhaps I was logged in without realizing it). With online products it's nice to get an email receipt, particularly with download products that have an expiration and can be accessed over several days or weeks if necessary. I copied all the links into a text doc, but I think once the page is navigated away from that's it for the links, unless the page is cached and you know how to get back there.

4.) Download managers -- I first tried "Free Download Manager" which is both free and good, but that didn't sem to work at all -- the download just hung at 0 bytes. Then downloaded and installed the recommended FlashGet, which is also free and apparently good, and that worked without a problem. I've used FDM for lots of very large downloads without a problem, so I'm not sure what the problem is there.

In any case, the whole process was quick and relatively painless, except for the few minor details above.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast