• Register
  • Help

Topic: Load Times for Steinway Sample Libraries

Share/Bookmark

Load Times for Steinway Sample Libraries

As I'm getting to know the great new Garritan/Steinway instrument, I've noticed something about the load times for the Sample Libraries.

Upon first opening the Aria player and selecting Classic/Full it takes maybe 12-15 seconds to load the samples.

I can close that instance and return an hour later to reopen the Aria player, click to load Classic/Full and the library loads in 2-3 seconds.

Is this normal? Is it somehow remaining stored in the system RAM?

Even if I start by opening the Steinway as a standalone, then later open as a vst instrument, the load times are always much shorter the second time around.
    Kyle Ashley
    www.demorecording.com

System Specs: Win XP SP2 Intel Core 2 Duo E6600@ 2.4Ghz Asus P5B-E (965 chipset) AMBIOS v. 0706
    2GB Corsair DDR (800MHz – 2x1GB sticks) Nvidia Geforce 6200TC (128MB, dual head)
    MAudio Audiophile 192 (2) UAD-1 PCIe FS Bus Speed 1066Mhz 24/44.1

Samplitude 10.02 track FX mode 2048 and 4096 VIP object buffers 64/128 ASIO buffers

Re: Load Times for Steinway Sample Libraries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Ashley View Post

Is this normal? Is it somehow remaining stored in the system RAM?

Yes, the samples may remain loaded into RAM if not pushed aside by some other task.

It's entirely normal, most noticeable with very big instrument samples. Same thing happens in Kontakt and other samplers.

Larry

Re: Load Times for Steinway Sample Libraries

Thanks for confirming Larry!
    Kyle Ashley
    www.demorecording.com

System Specs: Win XP SP2 Intel Core 2 Duo E6600@ 2.4Ghz Asus P5B-E (965 chipset) AMBIOS v. 0706
    2GB Corsair DDR (800MHz – 2x1GB sticks) Nvidia Geforce 6200TC (128MB, dual head)
    MAudio Audiophile 192 (2) UAD-1 PCIe FS Bus Speed 1066Mhz 24/44.1

Samplitude 10.02 track FX mode 2048 and 4096 VIP object buffers 64/128 ASIO buffers

Go Back to forum