• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: why strad and gofriller were discontinued?

Share/Bookmark

why strad and gofriller were discontinued?

i just came back to this forum to discover that the strad and gofriller were discontinued.
    i dont' own them, neither i had in mind to buy them for money reasons...
    but, honestly, this decision has suprised me a lot... first, because the two products were very "young", and second because they were very good and innovative (according to what i have read and listened to...). anyway, i suppose there are good reasons and new products in the future...

just a suggestion: why don't offer them as a downloadable product, at a reduced price, and without official support (if one has problems he should refer to the forum)?

if the price is be sufficiently low, i think i would buy them!

Re: why strad and gofriller were discontinued?

A downloadable version is a brilliant idea! I would definitely get the strad then...

YEAH!

Everybody is wondering why!

Here are two quotes from Gary in reply to previous enquiries:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by robh
    Gary, I'm curious as to why you would discontinue such popular products as Strad and Gofriller without having their replacements ready? Does it have something to do with buying NI player licences in bulk perhaps?
    Rob

Rob,

There are a number of reasons. One reason is we are changing Players and changing technologies. Our player will have significant advantages and allow us to do thing we could not before. We believe we will have something that will be better in many aspects.

Best,

Gary Garritan

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EricH
    I check the Garritan site every day (waiting for that "imminent" notice to be gone and to be able to buy the Steinway ). But today, the Strad and Gofriller are off the product list and not on the order page. Does this mean Aria versions are imminent?

Eric,

The Strad and the Gofriller have been discontinued.

We are making way for a new string library that will include both solo strings as well as a copious offering of section strings. This library will be introduced in our own new ARIA player. No dates yet.

We'll post more details soon.

Gary
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk View Post
    Here are two quotes from Gary in reply to previous enquiries:

Quote:

There are a number of reasons. One reason is we are changing Players and changing technologies. Our player will have significant advantages and allow us to do thing we could not before. We believe we will have something that will be better in many aspects.

We are making way for a new string library that will include both solo strings as well as a copious offering of section strings. This library will be introduced in our own new ARIA player. No dates yet.
    i understand these but in my opinion does not make sense. why do not offer an upgrade path for those who buy them until the new libraries come out? (the downloadable vesion could fullfil this need...)

Quote Originally Posted by bosone View Post
    i understand these but in my opinion does not make sense. why do not offer an upgrade path for those who buy them until the new libraries come out? (the downloadable vesion could fullfil this need...)
    I can understand your frustration. Quite often when a manufacturer discontinues a product, they have something waiting in the wings to replace it. Even though eventually the advanced string library will replace these, that library's release does not seem imminent.

JT

I'm not in a position where I have any right to say the removal was annoying nor is that my nature.

With that said though. I'm old enough to have some money. Single now so I dont a wife to spend what I do have. No offense meant there either.

I only recently discoverd GPO and have heard so many nice things from the Strad and Gofriller that I almost immediately went searching for the nearest place to buy them. ( in my case that would have been Sweetwater Music where I bought GPO )

The only place I found to get either one was at one of those " sites".
    I wont go that route for the best of reasons

I would gladly pay for a downloadable version of either and possibly both if Gary made it available.

The Strad and Gofriller are still being supported. People can still get upgrades from previous versions of the player and tech support. It is just new sales that have been discontinued. We did the same with GOS a couple of years ago. For various reasons we discontinued sales of that product but continued to support it.

There are a number of reasons for tour decision which we cannot go into here. We do not continue to sell products just to collect money from sales, but consider a bigger picture. Sometimes it is good to change course if there is a better route to navigate. And changing course sometimes means backtracking to get on a better course.

We are aiming to provide a complete strings solution in GOS 2, one that will provide playable section strings as well as solo strings. I believe it will be worth the wait and the change in course.

All the best,

Gary Garritan

I'm sure GOS2 will be worth the wait (how long?!) but I still don't see why Strad and Gof sales have been suspended if they are still being supported. HAs the person responsible for packaging them been assigned to recording GOS2 perhaps!?!

It's a great shame to see such wonderful products taken "off the sales line" completely with nothing ready to replace them or satisfy customers desiring that Garritan quality. If the steinway basic version is going to be available for download soon, would it not be easy to set up a similar service for the Strad/Gof and welcome more to the Garritan fold?

If the strad an/or Gof are going to be included in the new GOS2, is there going to be an upgrade path perhaps for those who already own either fine solo instruments?! t

I'm not angry with Garritan or anything; I am most grateful to the Garritan team for all they've done and are doing, but this removal does seem somewhat mysterious and unusuall, who have always been as transparent as they can when they can...

B

I've been quoted! I'm so humbled and honoured that you picked me!

Rob

Go Back to forum