• Register
  • Help

Topic: MOL data not received by Gigastudio

Share/Bookmark

MOL data not received by Gigastudio

I have 2 Giga machines (Windows XP Pro), both with MOL 3.2.x

They don't seem to receive the data from MOL even though the midi in lights are working on MOL.

I've scanned the net looking for an answer to this issue, but have been unable to find anything.

Has anyone seen this, and if so, how can I resolve it?

Thanks,

George
    www.utopiaparkwaymusic.com

Re: MOL data not received by Gigastudio

Have you set the MIDI inputs in Gigastudio configuration page to MOL?

Did you install MOL before or after Giga?

I can't remember the details, unfortunately, but I remember I did have to do some buggering about to get MOL and Giga to work together. It MIGHT have been that I had to uninstall Giga, install MOL first and then Giga after it, so that Giga would "see" the virtual MIDI port. But I'm not sure, so I'd hesitate to tell you to go through the hassle of uninstalling and reregistering Giga without getting confirmation.

I would say however, that while I can't remember how I did it, now that I've done it it's TOTALLY rock-solid. I'm running the old version of MOL from years ago, and it's perfect. Much better than FX teleport for MIDI, IMO.

So persevere!

you must have configured soemthing wrong, its works perfectly, never had an issue in 5 years of using MOL and 3 years of MOL on XP pro with GS3 orchestra on several boxes.

Kind of lame question but did you select the midi in ports in GS3?
    Christopher Kennedy Alpiar
    Cinematic Composer
    www.alpiar.com

Quote Originally Posted by georgelegeriii View Post
    I have 2 Giga machines (Windows XP Pro), both with MOL 3.2.x

They don't seem to receive the data from MOL even though the midi in lights are working on MOL.

I've scanned the net looking for an answer to this issue, but have been unable to find anything.

Has anyone seen this, and if so, how can I resolve it?

Thanks,

George
    It was an intel Mac bug, where you had to de select the port name. One done, all is well.

Thanks,

G
    www.utopiaparkwaymusic.com

Go Back to forum