• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Multis for Westgate Modular Series

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Multis for Westgate Modular Series

These are some extended programming I did with Westgate Modular Series for Kontakt 2.
    These are for just the Download solo instruments (Sorry, I don't have the DVD collections yet)
    However, I believe the DVD contains the download instrument.

There are multis for the following:
    Flute
    Oboe
    Bb Clarinet
    Bassoon
    Horn

Basic Description
    :
    I took several instrumens and tweaked them to work as one.
    What you get is Legato with Xfade velocity and Xfade vibrato + Short notes.
    The result is a very expressive realistic instrument that works really great in realtime too.

The Simplified Manual:
    Xfade velocity is controlled via Mod Wheel (cc1)
    Xfade vibrato is controlled via volume pedal or expression pedal (cc7 or cc11)
    Short notes are playable by pressing the sustain pedal (cc64) (the sustain is disabled and used just as a switch)

Woodwind multis come in two versions
    "Oboe_7.nkm" is programmed for use with a volume pedal (cc7) for vibrato Xfade
    "Oboe_11.nkm" is programmed for use with a expression pedal (cc11) for vibrato Xfade
    If you have neither, you can just use the corresponding midi cc. The default without is Non Vibrato

Place multi in the main instrument folder (that contain the different articulation folders)
    ex: Flute.nkm goes in the Flute folder etc
    This is key to keep Kontakt from bringing up the missing sample dialog.
    These were modified with Kontakt 2.2.4
    I'm not sure how far back the backwards compatibility is, if you're using a lesser version.
    They worked fine in Kontakt 3.0.2 (The Xfades needed an initial wake up to activate the sustain samples)

Bassoon
    www.AaronDirk.com/Westgate/Bassoon.zip

Bb Clarinet
    www.AaronDirk.com/Westgate/Bb_Clarinet.zip

Flute
    www.AaronDirk.com/Westgate/Flute.zip

Oboe
    www.AaronDirk.com/Westgate/Oboe.zip

Horn

www.AaronDirk.com/Westgate/Horn.zip
    (note: Horn.nkm has only Legato with Xfade velocity + Short notes)

ENJOY!

Best regards,
    Aaron

Re: Multis for Westgate Modular Series

Hey thats great - thanks Aaron! I use WG woodwinds alot - these'll be very handy!

cheers.

Question Re: Multis for Westgate Modular Series

Thanks Aaron, for this. I use Westgate as well and have been frustrated not having all the articulations on one track.

Now, on to my question.

I use all the Winds in a standalone instance of K2; one giant multi. How can I take advantage of your additional programming within one instance on K2 standalone, is it possible?

Thanks,

Mr. Anxiety
    Nuendo 3/ Cubase 4.5 on XP sp2 QuadCore 2.66 Ghz VisionDaw Built DAW RME HDSP 96/52 into ProTools HD3 (digi192x6) on MacPro 3 Ghz... Farm PCs x (6) VisionDaw Machines PC Dual 2.66 Ghz w- Kontakt 3.5 w/ UAD Cards Midi Over Lan

Hello Mr. Anxiety,

I'm really glad you and others(mostly private) have found these really useful!
    I'm a big fan of the Westgate Modular Series - I look forward to further releases

To load additional multis in an instance - upon loading another multi, a dialog will come up "Replace multi (pressing "no" will merge in the new instruments)?"
    Select [No] and you can stack multiple multis

Since these multis contain several instruments that work as one, be sure each stacked multi set use their own midi - Kontakt has a default loading choice of either omni or the next available midi channel ([options] -> [Handling]) Either way, you'll still need to be mindful that each multi used uses the same midi within ([A]1 for flute, [A]2 for oboe, etc)

Best regards,
    Aaron

Ah yes, the prompt that I always answer "Yes" to. Now I have a reason to click "No".

Thanks for the reply. Will give it a whirl and report back.

Best,

Mr. Anxiety
    Nuendo 3/ Cubase 4.5 on XP sp2 QuadCore 2.66 Ghz VisionDaw Built DAW RME HDSP 96/52 into ProTools HD3 (digi192x6) on MacPro 3 Ghz... Farm PCs x (6) VisionDaw Machines PC Dual 2.66 Ghz w- Kontakt 3.5 w/ UAD Cards Midi Over Lan

Aaron, Thanks so much for sharing these. I have full versions of three of the Westgate Modular Instruments, so I will definitely try these out. I have the oboe multi playing now, so I must have done something right so far.
    Thanks again, John (bigears)

Thanks!! These are really helpful...anyway we could get one for English Horn??

Sure! when I get around to pick up the dvds - they are up high my list

Aaron,

Your multis for Westgate WWs are really great. Thanks for spreading the programming to us.

Of course, i always want more! Did you ever get any more of the insturments? Not sure how else to get your programming onto the other WWs in their libraries.

Keep up the nice work!

Mr. A.

Thanks!

I'm glad you and others have enjoyed them.

I've emailed Tim at Westgate about upgrading to the dvds,
    but haven't heard back.
    Perhaps they've been busy working on newer stuff.

Aaron

Go Back to forum