• Register
  • Help

Topic: No Vibrato

Share/Bookmark

No Vibrato

Can someone please help with this.
    I'm using Logic > Mac Pro >Kontakt Player 2.
    I have a Jabb instrument recorded, this is a long note without vibrato, using Logics Hyper editor, and 17cc i'm selecting 0 until the middle of the note, and then 86.
    When the note plays, at that middle point of the note the vibrato knob in Kontakt moves to 86 but no vibrato is heard.

Phil

Re: No Vibrato

Vibrato speed = cc17
    Vibrato intensity = Aftertouch (sometimes called "channel pressure" or similar)

Tom

Tom, is there cc for aftertouch? Are you saying that because I did'nt use aftertouch when recording, 17cc won't work?
    When I record the note and add aftertouch from my keyboard and I go to view the 17cc info there's nothing there, ie. no nodes and graph.

Phil

Can't help with Logic but in Cubase you can "Paint in" the aftertouch in the piano roll editor. As most of these sequencers are similar I imagine this will work on Logic

I can paint it in on the piano rollbar, but I need to know what cc it is to do this.

Like Pitchbend or velocity, Aftertouch is its own controller. It does not have a cc number. It is usually identified as "Aftertouch," "ChannelPressure," "Mono Aftertouch," Aft," "ChnP" or something similar. If you can't identify it in the list of Logic choices or in the Logic manual then contact Apple to find out how they have labeled it. It's certainly there, it's one of the standard controllers.

Until you add Aftertouch data you will not hear any vibrato because the intensity will be at a default value of zero. If intensity is at zero it obviously doesn't matter what value you choose for vibrato speed - you won't hear anything.

Tom

I just went to the Apple site, took a look at the Logic Pro manual, and it appears that Logic uses "C-Press" for Aftertouch. Aftertouch was listed in the Index.

Tom

Thanks Tom,
    I,ve checked the manual but it just says 'Pressure'.
    What I can't understand is that when I add aftertouch via a keyboard,it does'nt show anywhere in the Hyperedit, ( piano roll ) but aftertouch is there.
    More investigation!

Phil

Go Back to forum