• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT-Site with train sounds!

Share/Bookmark

Cool OT-Site with train sounds!

Try this site. My co-worker and I were looking up history of train transportation here in beefalo New York. In particularly, the "Beeliner" trains that used to quickly transport people from Buffalo to Niagara Falls in a single, diesel engine car or train.
    There are sound clips of various trains at various stations here in Beefalo. We need music put to these, yes?

http://www.livingwithsteam.org/prophet2.html
    Styxx

Re: OT-Site with train sounds!

Very cool site.

Me like choo-choos

We have the CSX railroad that runs down through Georgia. In passes through the old historic area of Marietta, GA. The railroad had been there since before the Civil War. This is the same track/track bed that Gen Sherman's troops tore up in their march to Atlanta in June 1864.

In Kennesaw, Ga (the adjacent town), they have a Civil War museum. The highlight is they have the General, which is the actual engine that was stolen in 1862. Disney made a movie about it and Buster Keaton's "The General" actually used the real General to make his movie.

Interesting enough, I have a cousin ancestor that was with Gen Sherman, and ancestor uncles that were on the Confederate side waiting for Sherman in Savannah. My house is right where the cousin ancestor's regiment camped and fought in that area. The road I live on was one of the main roads the troops marched down to go into the battle of Kennesaw Mountain. It's paved now, but back then it was a muddy dirt road because of the heavy rains in June 1864.

But I digress (as usual).

dave

I'm a big collector of SFX, so this site is great. It took me a year of scouring eBay for a SFX LP set that I used at a radio station in college. A lot of "typical" Hollywood type effects that you hear in almost every movie and TV show back in the 60s and 70s.
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

I'vce been looking for train sounds for ages. Great, WHooo! Whoo !

Want to hear an orchestra sound like a train? Check out Pacific 231 by Honegger. Brilliant composer!

Villa-Lobos: From Bacchiana Brasileira no.2, Le petite train du paysan. Maybe not exactly a train, but a GREAT piece.

Raymond

Thanks so much for posting this site.

When I was growing up, not that I'm all that grownup now, my Dad had a rather large model railroad setup. He maid all the cars, houses, scenery, and people himself. He was so talented. We had people come to our house from many miles to see his trains.

He has been gone now for over forty years, but the sounds, brought beck memories of so much shared joy. Even after all these years, whenever I see model trains or here the train sounds of yesteryear, I miss him terribly. But the memories are wonderful.

Thanks again,

Karl

Ah, too much fun finding weird useful sounds for me buddies on this forum! I'm so glad you find them useful.
    Now get to woik on something kewl.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum