• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Westgate Rare Winds and Harps NOW AVAILABLE!

Share/Bookmark

Westgate Rare Winds and Harps NOW AVAILABLE!

Westgate Studios is pleased to announce the release of the two latest additions to the Modular Series: RARE WINDS and HARPS!

These two libraries feature 24 bit samples for Gigastudio 3 and Kontakt 2.
    As with our previous TIMPANI Module, you get both program versions on one disc.

On the Rare Winds DVD you will find a comprehensive set of patches for Sopranino Recorder, Soprano Recorder, Alto Recorder, Tenor Recorder, Bass Recorder, Soprano Ocarina, Tenor Ocarina, Penny Whistle and Irish Whistle.

The Harps DVD includes Concert Harp and Celtic Harp.

If you are looking to breathe new life and stunning realism into your music, then these new Modular Series libraries are for you.

One important feature of the Rare Winds library is the Legato playing style. These patches contain not only expressive long notes, but also true legato interval samples that were recorded as the musicians played every note up and down from 1 half-step all the way up to a full octave. And you don’t have to load any special tools to control them because the Legato effect is powered by Gigastudio’s imidi rules and Kontakt’s scripting engine.
    Within this same instrument you can control the use of Release Samples, and play Same-Note Legato Repetitions in any rhythm or tempo along with several traditional Ornaments such as grace notes, and bends.
    With any other library you’d find your midi channels and tracks quickly filling up, but our focus was to pack as many features into each instrument while still keeping them easy to use.
    Along with these highlights you’ll also find everything you’ve come to expect from the Modular Series winds:
    Up to 3 variations of Round Robin Staccato and Marcato articulations, Trills and Glissandos.

The Harps Library features Single notes, Pres-de-le-Table and Harmonics along with a ton of Glissando samples in Major, Minor, Dominant 7th, Whole Tone, Dimnished, and Augmented keys. You can choose from Up, down, Cross (continuous) and "Big Build" in 3 different speeds.

Whether you are a power user or a hobbyist, the feature list and price of these modules are enough to make any serious musician want to add these exquisite sounding instruments to their arsenal.

We have only scratched the surface here. For complete feature lists and audio demos, head over to Westgate Studios.

All Instrument downloads are only $70(US).
    The Rare Winds Module on DVD is available now for only $125(US).
    The Harps Module on DVD is available separately for only $140(US).
    Westgate Studios
    Sound Libraries for Gigastudio and Kontakt

Re: Westgate Rare Winds and Harps NOW AVAILABLE!

Tim,

Are there audio demos? I couldn't find any on your site. Thanks...

Each product page has a button on the bottom marked MP3 Demos. Clicking that should give you a pop up window with demo links.
    Westgate Studios

Thanks Tim; I see them now. The reason that I missed it is that I went directly to your [Products] page, skipping over the [News] page. May I suggest creating a link to these new items from your [Products] page as well.

Exclamation Re: Westgate Rare Winds and Harps NOW AVAILABLE!

Hi Tim.
    What's up there is no dealer for westgate in UK !Even I can't download the whole DVD from the westgate web site ! Any solution ? Really I am intreasted to buy some modular..

Regards.

You can purchase the Modules on DVD directly from us. Big Fish Audio also sells all of our products as individual downloads. They will have the new products up soon too.
    Westgate Studios

I'm assuming that since the Rare Winds list Yes/No for each articulation (rather than mp, mf, etc) these instruments have single velocity layers. Understandable with these instruments, I just want to know if I'm misinterpreting that.

That's correct. As you already know these instruments don't have the same dynamic range as orchestral woodwinds or brass.
    Westgate Studios

From our Harps product page you can now download both instruments from the Harps Module seperately: the concert harp or the celtic harp.
    Westgate Studios

It's good to see these special WW were deeply sampled. If i can put it this way? Sounds good too.

Go Back to forum