• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GS4: It's being shipped...

Share/Bookmark

GS4: It's being shipped...

At NAB I spoke with Jeff Laity who confirmed that the GS4 boxes had arrived at Tascam in Montebello. They are now being shipped to the distributor in Nashville who will then ship to the retailers.

Shouldn't be much longer...

Re: GS4: It's being shipped...

Do you know if that includes GVI 4 as well?

GVI4 isnt no, no date set yet for GVI4 release far as I know
    Christopher Kennedy Alpiar
    Cinematic Composer
    www.alpiar.com

That's right. It's GS4 first, GVI4 later. I didn't get any info on when that might be...

Thanks, looks like I'll be hanging out a little longer. I've worked on a mac since the release of logic 8 and my giga libraries are gathering dust. Can't wait to break them out again.

Sweet! Mine got shipped 20 minutes ago from TimeSpace
    I have a question about it, actually, that I'm gonna post in a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dummeh View Post
    Sweet! Mine got shipped 20 minutes ago from TimeSpace
    I have a question about it, actually, that I'm gonna post in a new thread.
    has it arrived yet?
    Mac G5 DP 2.3, Os 10.4.11, 4 Gig RAM running DigiPerf 5.13, PTools LE 7.4, Sibelius 5, Finale 2008,
    P4 1.7 Gig, XP SP2, 2 Gig RAM,running GigaStudio 3.2,
    3 x 20" LCDs, 2 x MOTU MTP AVs, Digi 002r
    Kurz K2000r, Roland XV-3080, Emu Pro II, Kurz PC2r, Alesis DM-Pro, Kurz Midiboard

Yep, it arrived Tuesday morning :D It has been frustrating to say the least. I can only use it properly in 32-bit mode. I have it installed and up and running in 64-bit (but in REWIRE mode) but my audio-interface does not support 64-bit properly and so gives no output. I did do the memory test though and Gigastudio successfully loaded 100% / 6143mb of samples. How has everyone else fared with GS4?

I'm looking at porting the Wormhole2 VST to XP64 at some point this week and using that to route audio back from Gigastudio to my other machine for now. I tried FX-Max's Giga things but they don't support 64-bit.

Hopfully M-Audio sort out their drivers in the near future.

I have been beta testing GS4 since october, but exclusively in 32-bit mode, since my input has been primarily from the developer perspective. In those repects, there have been some cool under the hood enhancements, but I haven't gotten to enjoy 64-bit use. As you say, perhaps when/if m-audio gets GSIF 2.1. I certainly don't have the bling to throw down on RME just yet. On the whole, I have been loving the workflow enhancements made since v.3, and the program just feels a whole lot lighter on it's feet that GS3 was on the same modest system.

Thanks for the screenshot! It's cool to see figures like that in the GS memory management page!

Quote Originally Posted by dummy View Post
    Yep, it arrived Tuesday morning It has been frustrating to say the least. I can only use it properly in 32-bit mode. I have it installed and up and running in 64-bit (but in REWIRE mode) but my audio-interface does not support 64-bit properly and so gives no output. I did do the memory test though and Gigastudio successfully loaded 100% / 6143mb of samples. How has everyone else fared with GS4?

I'm looking at porting the Wormhole2 VST to XP64 at some point this week and using that to route audio back from Gigastudio to my other machine for now. I tried FX-Max's Giga things but they don't support 64-bit.

Hopfully M-Audio sort out their drivers in the near future.
    One thing I wonder is: does GS4 improve upon GS3's memory handling in 32 bit?

I know that the theoretical maximum here is 2GB (the maximum kernal memory) minus whatever Windows uses. But GS3 seems to have its own maximum of about 1.1 - 1.2 GB, that will leave 300 or 400 MB unused in necessary rather than using it.

Can GS4 actually load up to the limit of available kernal-mode memory in 32 bit mode? That at least would be an improvement, until we all get our 64 bit machines and drivers sorted out.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast