• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Garritan Tech Support

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Tech Support

I posted a message whilst logged into garritan.biz about 24hrs ago, saying that I can't use Steinway Pro in Sonar 7, but haven't heard anything back.

Should I have heard something by now ?

The reason I ask is that this is the fourth email I've sent over the past week and I've yet to hear a reply to any of them. I also didn't get any email receipt when I purchased or shipping notification, despite the order page telling me that I would receive those emails. I've whitelisted garritan.com and garritan.biz so I don't think it's a spam issue ...

So, Garritan Tech's - if you're reading this, can you please send me a PM so that we can figure out what happened ?
    Intel DP35DPM // Intel Core 2 Quad Q-6600
    MSI 8600 //
    4gb Corsair XMS2 PC6400
    RME MADI // Sony DMX-R100

http://myspace.com/richardanthonyjay

Re: Garritan Tech Support

Maybe if you wish to share your problem here you will find some answers. There are some very knowledgeable people who frequent these forums and may have already experienced the same problem you are experiencing and can offer you some help. It would help to know the particulars of your computer setup, etc. The people here are very good about helping others. Give it a chance.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Sure. In a nutshell, I get constant glitching when using the Steinway Pro VST in Sonar 7.0.2. I've tried changing all the different settings in the VST and also pushed the Sonar I/O buffers upto 1024 but it makes no difference. My system (see sig below) is easily capable of handling this so I don't think there's anything else I can do on my end. The CPU meter is around 10% on average so there's no bottleneck there.

I loaded the 24bit version BTW.
    MSI 8600 //
    4gb Corsair XMS2 PC6400

Quote Originally Posted by richardjay View Post
    Sure. In a nutshell, I get constant glitching when using the Steinway Pro VST in Sonar 7.0.2. I've tried changing all the different settings in the VST and also pushed the Sonar I/O buffers upto 1024 but it makes no difference. My system (see sig below) is easily capable of handling this so I don't think there's anything else I can do on my end. The CPU meter is around 10% on average so there's no bottleneck there.

I loaded the 24bit version BTW.
    How is the standalone working for you?
    Does closing the Steinway GUI have any effect?

Standalone works fine 95% of the time but still glitches occasionally.

Closing the VST GUI helps a little but it's not a major improvement.
    MSI 8600 //
    4gb Corsair XMS2 PC6400

I'd recommend you PM David (plogue) with complete specs and a detailed description of the problems. He made the software and should be able to help you.

There should also be a Report Technical Issue shortcut through the Start Menu --> Programs for the Steinway.

Thanks Jon - can I ask how you made contact with David initially ?? Was it through www.garritan.biz ? I've still not heard from anyone at Garritan ....
    MSI 8600 //
    4gb Corsair XMS2 PC6400

You probably haven't received a response from garritan.biz as that's the automated registration site. You should be going to garritan.com. Also, you can call for tech support. The telephone number is listed on the garritan.com website.

Jim

Hi Haydn,

When you are logged into garritan.biz there is a Contact / Support page - I thought that was where you get support (a reasonable assumption I think).

Also I did send a message using the webform at garritan.com and also another one direct to gary@garritan.com using my email program - again, no response.

Finally, even though I'm in the UK, I did actually try calling them. After the phone was picked up I just heard this horrible deafening noise for a few seconds and I was eventually disconnected.

Jon,

The 'Report Technical Issue' in ARIA is all very well but what do you do if your music computer is not connected to the internet ?

Come on guys: it shouldn't be this difficult to get support after spending $400.
    MSI 8600 //
    4gb Corsair XMS2 PC6400

OK thanks Jon. It didn't occur to me that this is what the tech tool does (though I suspect whatever is sent by it only goes to the same person as the email I sent).

I perfectly understand that they may be busy but 4 emails going unanswered, without so much as an autoresponder saying they got the email(s), is a little disconcerting.
    MSI 8600 //
    4gb Corsair XMS2 PC6400

Go Back to forum