• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: what's a good c7 sample

Share/Bookmark

what's a good c7 sample

I'm looking for a c7 library.. so far I've found ivory, and vintaudio's c7.. are there any other ones that I should consider?

Re: what's a good c7 sample

TBO

Also the Seven Seas Grand -- a mellower recording perspective from the same session.

WWW.Sampletekk.com

Talking Re: what's a good c7 sample

Anyone tried the new C7 from EastWest QL pianos??? Pleeease

The original GigaPiano was the best Yamaha I've heard. There are problems, but that's been true with all other libraries in my experience.

TBO sounds awesome.. ewql piano seems cool, but I wished they'd sell them separately.. 445 is a tough bet. I mean, resulting sound from the demo is one thing, but playability is always a bet.

Quote Originally Posted by kensuguro View Post
    TBO sounds awesome.. ewql piano seems cool, but I wished they'd sell them separately.. 445 is a tough bet. I mean, resulting sound from the demo is one thing, but playability is always a bet.

TBo's playability is good Ken Agreed, that is always a gamble which can't be conveyed in demos, but the depth of the sampling makes this nice to use.

He provides a number of presets, from dead mellow to extremely bright. You might find one of these presets (like the "TSO") suits your other desire for an "ordinary grand" in decent repair. Loading time of the fuller presets is long.

I don't work for him. I do like the TBO and use it every day.

Larry.

that's good to hear. I'm pretty sure to go with tbo.

Wink Re: what's a good c7 sample

Just got my cheap discounted Black Grand from Sample Tekk.

It was a steal @ 60% off, and the samples are excellent.

Don't care what Grand they claimed they sampled. For that price it could be Baldwin from the Liberace Museum.

I think it's good to have several pianos. The GigaPiano II that I thought I would never hear again is sadly in Gigastudio 4 ? I hate that piano because of it's unrealistically higher velocity strikes. The Continuos Velocity Piano is a cheaper cut down version.

My favorite piano for playing all styles including solo is the new Black Grand. It's recorded really well, especially the close mic'd version. I prefer the Pedal Down instances of Gigapulse only, as they add a beautiful harmonic content. The pedal ups are unnecessary since I have a PCM91 for that purpose.

I would like to get the Garritan Steinway, but I still haven't heard a convincing demo of the performance features.

I usually wait out the hype and check out the technical support issues before spending money anymore.

TBO is a really nice sounding instrument Ken, but the money saved on a Black Grand should be considered. The difference between the two in terms of audio quality will be minimal at best.

BTW, The Vintaudio Uprights sound fantastic for that particular sound of " Club Jazz " and jammin' styles also. Their C7 is avery good piano library also.

For the price of 50 USD the Black Grand is definately a " Sore Dick Deal ". You can't beat it.
    JimmyV

I really like the Seven Seas Grand. Listen to my "Eleanor Rigby" demo on the Sampletekk site.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

thanx for the reply jimmy, my main piano at the moment is black grand close. lol funny we arrived at the same place. I actually got JUST the close mic position samples for $50 so in your terms, it was a seriously sore dxck deal. I was looking for a c7 for that extra punch, for when I feel particularly bright sounded. Not really the c7, but the yamahas have a specific sound to them that I seem to be put down by most (the extra edgy sound), but I kind like it. Black Grand close does have a similar taste to it tho.

ashermusic, I did check out seven seas. those were much to mellow for what I'd look for. Guess it's just a matter of taste. I wonder how sampletekk got it to sound so mellow

Go Back to forum