• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any info on timeframe for ARIA sampler release?

Share/Bookmark

Any info on timeframe for ARIA sampler release?

I'm interested in ARIA as an alternative to Kontakt, and to potentially use as my main sampler.

Is there any indication at this stage roughly, regarding the release date?

My specific reason for asking is that, if its prior to Kontakt upgrading to 64bit sometime in the next few months - I'll happily go with the new ARIA engine.

Thanks!

Re: Any info on timeframe for ARIA sampler release?

Bump!
    Anyone? Im surely I'm not the only one who wants to know...

I don't actually think I've ready anything about ARIA being released as a sampler. Maybe this is in plans too, I have no idea.

Anyhow, I think many people are interested, but no one else but Gary knows... Also, it seems (at least how it has been lately) that they won't share too exact release dates on any becoming products, because they've had bad experiences about doing so in many ways. Things always get delayed, trouble with competitors etc.

You can check the official announcements and state-reports on the latest (and upcoming) products from the Update on the update......(and so on)-thread at the top of the screen in this discussion area.

But if an ARIA sampler for public audience is in plans, I don't know. You have to hope Mr. G answers that.

Quote Originally Posted by karvasika View Post
    I don't actually think I've ready anything about ARIA being released as a sampler. Maybe this is in plans too, I have no idea.
    Originally Posted by Garritan
    Deep in an enchanted Eden of Sampleville, where virtual instrument nymphs and sampling golems cavort far from the prying eyes of mankind, a powerful prince will emerge over proprietary sample domain. Soon to assume the rightful throne, this new sampler conjures sounds of such surpassing beauty and allure that, it is said, to listen to its muses is to ascend to the very gates of Paradise itself. Openness is its eternal guardian.

The dark forces had been stirring, and doom cast its shadow over the land of man. Expensive, proprietary samplers had spread their malign influence into every crevasse of the musical world. Their stranglehold on creative life have clouded the vision of all who fall under their sway.

But behold! The Flame of Hope flickers! The new Prince of Samplers is coming. He is gathering his legions, steadying his scepter and getting ready to usher in a new realm of sampling....

Will Howard Shore score the movie of The Return of the (non-proprietal) Sampler?

Quote Originally Posted by karvasika View Post
    Anyhow, I think many people are interested, but no one else but Gary knows... . You have to hope Mr. G answers that.
    Your mind-reading powers grow strong, Karvasika!

The force is strong with me.

ARIA is a sampler-engine, but it doesn't necessary mean they will release it so that anyone can build instruments with it - it's currently powering Garritan Steinway library with it's sampling capabilities. So the quote doesn't necessarily mean that you will be able to use it as a sampler for your own samples. But it could! It's a good and interesting point.

Thumbs up for Howard Shore...

Go Back to forum