• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Ot-I think my wife is crazy ...

Share/Bookmark

Talking Ot-I think my wife is crazy ...

about me! We were on our way home from shopping and decided to stop into Buffalo Drum Outlet to say hello to the owner. As we browsed around the shop my wife looks up on the shelf at a Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute 5 piece drum kit and asks, "wound's this look nice in your studio? (Sea Blue Fade) They're pretty. Ha, I love her!!!

So, here they are and here I am playing 'em regardless of the beating I took from the fall.
    Pain pills do wonders! Now all I have to do is change the heads but for now tuning them has proven to be a breeze! Can't wait to record using my new kit! Here's where DPDAN will come real handy, yes?
    Styxx

Re: Ot-I think my wife is crazy ...

Cool, Styxx!

What you would you all recommend for someone who is uncoordinated and whose tempo changes according to the current amount of key neurotransmitters LOL?

C'mon Styxx. Give it up!!

We want pictures!!!!
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Ern, yeah, all those drummers have awesome chops but I had built a reputation on steadiness and the ability to play as a part of the ensemble not just the guy interested in wowing everyone by putting in every rudiment learn in one measure!

This is my third kit. I have an old Ludwig Chrome O Wood from 1969, a Yamaha Stage Custom (wine color) and now this swanky sea blue fade kit! Been playing them all night along with taking several pain pills.

Pics to come.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by KE Peace View Post
    Cool, Styxx!

What you would you all recommend for someone who is uncoordinated and whose tempo changes according to the current amount of key neurotransmitters LOL?
    Listen, there are several reputable drum manufactures that have good quality beginner/semi advanced kits for under $600 and above. Yamaha just introduced their new line of Stage Custom all Birch kits for around $800. Or, you can get a halfway decent kit on ebay but I caution to purchase from a reputable business who is just trying to clear out last years inventory. Some really good buys.
    Now back to playing!!!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
    about me! We were on our way home from shopping and decided to stop into Buffalo Drum Outlet to say hello to the owner. As we browsed around the shop my wife looks up on the shelf at a Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute 5 piece drum kit and asks, "wound's this look nice in your studio? (Sea Blue Fade) They're pretty. Ha, I love her!!!
    Been there. I used to drool over the Vienna Symphonic Library, back in the day, but considered it a distant pipe dream. I hadn't even dared broach the subject with my wife, since I had put us in debt buying GOS. I didn't even think she knew I was drooling.

Then one day I was at school when she phoned me, sounding very excited, to say that I'd just had an email offering 50% off VSL for students. She said she thought I should do it on our credit card, because it was just too big a saving to ignore. A month later she forced me to take advantage of the student upgrade from VSL standard to pro.
    David

Don't know what this gear is, but your wife is just crazy IN LOVE with you.
    Or is it a trick to notice that your are very near, hearing those wild drumrolls coming from.... wherever? Give her a hug......

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
    Listen, there are several reputable drum manufactures that have good quality beginner/semi advanced kits for under $600 and above. Yamaha just introduced their new line of Stage Custom all Birch kits for around $800. Or, you can get a halfway decent kit on ebay but I caution to purchase from a reputable business who is just trying to clear out last years inventory. Some really good buys.
    Now back to playing!!!

Styxx -

Congrats on the new set! Looking forward to seeing the pictures (with you at the helm!)

There's a small group of us who work at the hospital that's been talking of getting together for some fun "jamming". (Are they still using the term "jamming" now-a-days??? ) The players would be two E.R. doctors, myself (from the ICU) and the lead-singer/guitarist from housekeeping! We hope to play a bunch of Beatle tunes!

ANYWAY. . . . the drummer (one of the E.R. docs) doesn't have a drum set. (Call me silly, but ain't it a bit hard to play drums without a drum set??) He says that he wants a good one and is planning on paying $7000 to $8000 bucks for the set! (Well, he is an ER doc and they do make some good $$$$). I told him that he does not NEED to pay that much cash for a decent drum set. Of course, what the heck do I know. I'm only a nurse/keyboardist! LOL! Well, he still hasn't purchased his drum set yet and we're all itching for a jamming! Maybe, just maybe if he KNEW that a great drum set could be purchsed for much LESS cash.

Again, congrats on the new purchase! Show the pics!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen View Post
    He's just got that Ringo perfect time and a great sound
    OK now I'm intrigued. And I don't mean this at all in an inflammatory, or confrontational way, because what I know about drumming can be written on a grain of rice, and what I know of the Beatles is not a lot more. But general consensus here in the UK is usually that Ringo was a terrible drummer, and about the luckiest guy in the world to have somehow tagged along with the Beatles in spite of it.

In fact I believe Paul was once asked whether Ringo was the world's greatest drummer, and he replied that he wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles.

Clearly he enjoys more respect in other quarters..
    David

You can get a washboard and 4 thimbles and play that for jamming. Available now over the interweb from my own special "SEEN U COMING DRUM STORE" at only $5000

Go Back to forum