• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: SAM trumpet working rar file uploaded

Share/Bookmark

SAM trumpet working rar file uploaded

We now uploaded a working version (no crc errors) of the SAM trumpet single ZIP file. There seemed to be a problem with the old RAR one (not the 3 seperate rars, but the single big one).
    http://www.maartenspruijt.com/sampatch

It\'s a ZIP file now, the htm/ascii mess should be gone now! Just click the file and save it to your hd!

Sorry for the inconvenience & enjoy!

SAM crew

[This message has been edited by Maarten Spruijt (edited 03-26-2002).]

Re: SAM trumpet working rar file uploaded

Rips? SAM rips? Or what?

Oh, nothing. I was just kidding. I was saying that your trumpet sound so good that I hope you do the rest of the brass family.

You know it\'s so funny... I know the trumpet has \"potential\" as in sampled performances and overall sound, but to say it\'s \"good\"... I mean the bad performing ruines a lot. I\'m really amazed and surprised by all the people who love it!

The truth is, Maarten, that you just made the best trumpet ensemble patch there is, and you made it available for free.

Where all else fails, your trumpets usually work. Of course we are all aware of the flaws in the performance, but they aren\'t big enough for total dismissal. All in all I find it a very useful .gig. It\'s pretty playable (for quick sketches) and it can sound great when layered with other sounds. It sounds particularily well when you roll off the lo mid by like 10 db (yeah get rid of all that lo body) and boost the hi mids just a tad (For that crispy sound).

Thomas

Yes, I second that...

In fact, I was just playing your trumpet and it bit me

Great work. The sound has such character. Distant, but close enough to bite.

I wanted a slower attack (for what I am working on) so I applied GPC#2 in order to dial in the attack.

It\'s great! So, agian I ask, when are you going for the rest of the brass family?
    NOT for free I would hope!

Great sample by the way Ummm, got any large FFF brass rips lying around? heheheee

Great job man.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maarten Spruijt:
    Oh yeah and choose Save As on the rar link. That way you\'ll force Explorer to save it as a file and not display some crap ascii information.
    [This message has been edited by Maarten Spruijt (edited 03-24-2002).][/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still get the html when trying to save as on 2 different PCs running Win NT and 98 SE.
    The same thing happens when trying to save from the www2.hku-page.

.........Never mind, just discovered that it will actually load the rar despite the htm-tag.
    Thanks for making it available.

[This message has been edited by Erik Nygaard (edited 03-25-2002).]

When I load SAM trumpets, they play up and octave. I tried dragging down an octave in the editor, but they played too low. Any suggestions?

Terry

Dragging is not enough... after dragging them down an octave you should right click on your select-all selection of regions and choose Transpose (+12).

But why don\'t you just transpose the samples from the Gigastudio mixer or sequencer parameters ?

Go Back to forum