last night i saw Bobby McFerrin, Chick Corea, and Jack DeJohnette play at the Hill Auditorium in Ann Arbor and it was incredible. They all came out on stage and just started going for about 90 minutes. There were parts that had incredible tension, which made the release all the more welcoming. There were also parts that were simply beautiful. My favorites were when Chick Corea was palm muting a few notes that provided a constant pedal, jack dejohnette was doing amazing beats on the drums and a little synthesizer, and bobby mcferrin was singing a surprisingly tonal melody. there was tons of audience engagement and parts that were just goofy - there was a point when jack and chick were just throwing drum sticks by the bundle on the drums. you could tell that everyone was having a great time which gave the concert an intimate feel. They came out for an encore and played a simple blues then came out a second time to answer questions. all in all it was one of the better concerts i've seen in a long time. if anyone has this act coming near them i strongly recommend seeing it - but i will warn you, there are parts that are incredibly weird. i guess thats what happens when you throw 3 of the worlds best musicians in a room and say, start playing.