• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: convolutions in KP2

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy convolutions in KP2

Can someone kindly tell me how to get the convolution presets working in KontaktPlayer 2.2.4? Nothing happens when I try to access them. I know this was a problem in earlier versions, but I thought it would have been fixed by now.

I have no problem with Kontakt 3 and convolution..

yes, I have been trawling the forums and NI etc ......

thanks for any help with this!
    Sibelius, ProTools, Cubase
    on Mac OSX
    + plenty of coffee

Re: convolutions in KP2

Using JABB in Cubase, "OUTPUTS" ; "SHOW INSERTS";set "Convolution" in little drop down box; "SHOW INSERTS";"EDIT EFFECT"; top left "PRESET"; Click on name of model; play.

Just checked it works on mine

Quote Originally Posted by henrymorris View Post
    Can someone kindly tell me how to get the convolution presets working in KontaktPlayer 2.2.4? Nothing happens when I try to access them. I know this was a problem in earlier versions, but I thought it would have been fixed by now.

I have no problem with Kontakt 3 and convolution..

yes, I have been trawling the forums and NI etc ......

thanks for any help with this!
    Check this out
    http://garritan.info/index.php/Konta...olution_Reverb
    and see if it helps you.

Keith Walls

Thanks for your suggestion, Keith, and for taking the trouble with that original article. But it doesn't really sort things out for me. It still doesn't give me access to all the presets. Maybe it's different on a PC? (I'm on Mac) I am amazed that Native Instruments hasn't put this right after almost a year. Actually, I am not amazed!

best wishes
    on Mac OSX
    + plenty of coffee

Thanks for your suggestion, Keith, and for taking the trouble with that original article. But it doesn't really sort things out for me. It still doesn't give me access to all the presets. Maybe it's different on a PC? (I'm on Mac) I am amazed that Native Instruments hasn't put this right after almost a year. Actually, I am not amazed!

best wishes
    It's not an accident that Gary et al is moving to Aria for his new projects.

Keith

best wishes
    Henry,

Not sure about the Mac but you need to open the K2 Player in Stand alone mode, select the convolution on the output as buckshead mentioned then select edit. Open your folder browser pointing to your Native Instruments K2 Player installation. You should see a Presets Folder with an Impulses sub folder. You should be able to drag the impulse file into the convolution edit widow. Then save the preset. It should then show up when using the K2Player as a VSTi

Alternately you can download my Phrase Modeled Performance Mult package at Mike's K2 Scripts. After installing all but the cathedral impulses should be available to the K2 Player

Mike, thanks for that. But I downloaded the scripts and have had no luck with installing them successfully. Are they for PCs only? I am on a MacIntel.

Mike, thanks for that. But I downloaded the scripts and have had no luck with installing them successfully. Are they for PCs only? I am on a MacIntel.
    Henry,

They should work for Macs as well, The whole archive should be unziped to your Native Instruments program folder (the folder that contains the K2 Player folder that contains your k2 Plarer installation). You shold then see a Phrase Modeled Performance Multis folder under the User Multis drop down in the K2Player Browser and the impulses should show up in the Presets dropdown in the Convolutions edit window

Hope this helps

Hi again Mike - well no luck on my Mac at least. KP2 seems to be looking for files at: Macintosh HD:C:Program Files ...... etc. And of course on a Mac there is no 'C' drive or a folder called 'Program Files'. I have put all the files in the correct places, but still nothing shows up under 'User Multis' from KP2.

Never mind! I feel I could waste my whole life trying to sort out the dreaded KP2 player. When I contacted NI about the convolution problems, I was just informed: "this is not a known issue".

Which of course is very comforting.

all the best
    on Mac OSX
    + plenty of coffee

Try reading my Wiki entry...
    http://garritan.info/index.php/Convolution_Reverb

Let me know if the steps help you.
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Go Back to forum