• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Orchestration Challenge #17!!

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Orchestration Challenge #17!!

Everyone...

It's time for Garritan Orchestration Challenge #17!!!

As the winner of the previous challenge, I'm privileged to provide the next melody for Challenge #17. I wrote this theme a month or so ago. Tried orchestrating it, failed miserably.... Now you try!! It's really simple, but hey, simplicity means versatility, right? I can think of a number of different chord progressions, genres and such to go with this. Here are the files, including a *.sib file to start with for those of you that use Sibelius.

MID | MP3 | PDF | SIB

My suggestion for the deadline is June 1st, a six week period, but it's up for discussion.

Please submit your entries to danieljbayot(at)gmail.com. (Replace the "(at)" with "@".)

Have fun!!!
    string quartet (ˈstriŋ kwȯr-ˈtet) n. a good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and someone who hates violinists, all getting together to complain about composers

Re: Orchestration Challenge #17!!

Thank you for providing the melody. I think I'll give this one a go. I've already started and I've got some good ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonare Coeli View Post
    Thank you for providing the melody. I think I'll give this one a go. I've already started and I've got some good ideas.
    Wonderful! I look forward to listening to your interpretation.
    string quartet (ˈstriŋ kwȯr-ˈtet) n. a good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and someone who hates violinists, all getting together to complain about composers

Many congrats, Daniel, and many thanks for the new theme!! I look forward to working with it!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

It made the second page rather quickly.

Talking Re: Orchestration Challenge #17!!

I got my first entry.

Keep sendin' them in, folks!

I gots my second entry!
    Anyone else??

12 more days until the deadline!

Uh-oh,

2 days till the deadline and only 2 entries!

How 'bout an extension? One week? Two weeks? Can someone come up with somethin' within that time?

Haha. I had totally forgotten. Oops....

Maybe a week or two would be helpful. Two would be best....

Mines on its way and I hate extensions!
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Go Back to forum