• Register
  • Help

Topic: MIDI Problem w/Sonar 6

Share/Bookmark

MIDI Problem w/Sonar 6

Relative new to GPO -- using Sonar 6 and experiencing a MIDI problem...
    1. If I open a MIDI track and a GPO virtual synth has NOT been opened, then I have no issues.
    2. If I open a MIDI track and a GPO virtual synth has been opened, then I get some additional MIDI data when I record to the MIDI track -- CC1 all over the entire song. This MIDI track is NOT the MIDI track within the virtual synth folder.
    3. If I open a MIDI track and a GPO virtual synth has been opened, then I get some additional MIDI data when I record to the MIDI track -- notes that seem to never receive a note off. This MIDI track is the MIDI track within the virtual synth folder.
    Just seemd like GPO is causing a MIDI problem in my Sonar program. I have been working around it by recording all of my MIDI parts before I open a virtual synth. When I am finished, I open a GPO virtual synth then drag the MIDI files over to the virtual synth folder.

fyi -- using Windows XP on a dual core processor with one meg of RAM. Each processor runs at around 2.3 GHz. Using an Alesis I/O 14 Firewire card for MIDI and audio.

Any advice? Thanks!

Orr
    Last edited by ofthe3rdkind; 04-21-2008 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Additional Information...

Go Back to forum