• Register
  • Help

Topic: Solo Strad 2.0 --- noise in the release samples?

Share/Bookmark

Solo Strad 2.0 --- noise in the release samples?

So, I recently managed to purchase a copy of the Solo Strad 2.0. The expressiveness of the instrument is indeed fantastic. I have noticed, however, that the release samples seem to have a lot of noise in them. Quite a few of the release samples (most of them) have a sort of "whirring" sound; at least 3 or 4 of the release samples (for example, A4) actually seem to have a loud clicking noise in them as if someone is turning off a recording machine or something. Is this normal? Is there a way to fix it? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Solo Strad 2.0 --- noise in the release samples?

Thanks for taking a stab in the dark. The Strad, unlike the cello (which I have as well), does not have adjustable bow noise. Also, the whirring and clicking I am hearing is not in the samples of the violin being played, but in the release samples that get triggered after I take my fingers off of the keys. There is a brief, but noticeable whirring sound and then (on some notes) a very loud mechanical clicking noise as if someone is turning off a recording machine of some sort. Its pretty annoying. Hopefully someone can help.

Anybody else out there?

I have had the strad 2 for a long time and never noticed this (I actually use the version 2 and 1.08 because they sound different in quartets). Perhaps you have some samples missing or the program is corrupted (script or something). Gary has sent me things in the past, perhaps if you ask him directly at harps.com he might have suggestions. Good luck,

Paul

Well, its been confirmed by the software programmer that the noises I am hearing are recorded into the samples themselves and are not the result of any sort of user error. Upon closer inspection, I have found similar problems in some of the solo cello samples as well.

There is, apparently, no way to fix this problem on my own and nobody involved in the design, manufacture, or sale of the product wants to take responsibility and resolve the issue. Instead everyone is pointing fingers at others and/or trying to convince me that the clicking and popping noises add realism to the instrument.

Where is the Maytag Repairman when you need him?

Go Back to forum