• Register
  • Help

Topic: Haunted by a jingle?

Share/Bookmark

Haunted by a jingle?

I love a pop culture piece that mentions chord changes.

Jingle Hell - The diabolical geniuses behind Subway's "five-dollar foot-long" song.

"The chord structure does imply something dark," he agreed. "On the word long, it goes down from a C to an A-flat which is kind of a weird place. It's definitely not a poppy, happy place. It's more of a metaly place. But at the same time, the singing stays almost saccharine."

Re: Haunted by a jingle?

Quote Originally Posted by squoze View Post
    I love a pop culture piece that mentions chord changes.

Jingle Hell - The diabolical geniuses behind Subway's "five-dollar foot-long" song.

"The chord structure does imply something dark," he agreed. "On the word long, it goes down from a C to an A-flat which is kind of a weird place. It's definitely not a poppy, happy place. It's more of a metaly place. But at the same time, the singing stays almost saccharine."
    Haha, that's interesting, the jingle had a bit of the opposite effect on me than it did with other people, but due to a reason that makes sense, haha. The commercial made me feel weird and a little afraid about going to subway in the near future, like it was some place I shouldn't be. Perhaps it's the strange, dark chord progression going on underneath in the jingle.

The funny thing is that I couldn't remember that jingle for my life, which I think is a very good thing overall.

Yes, but there's an F in the melody and the bass isn't too clear, so it's very possibly an F minor over C (second inversion) - so I guess that's an even wierder place.
    Goes to show, analysis of commercial music leads to madness

BB

This jingle has been stuck in my head for the past couple weeks. xD

Quiznos, another sub restaurant, ALSO came up with a genius idea a while back (it was then replaced by a talking baby.... *sigh* I miss it). They're bizzare commercial got people's attention. It got mine, and my family actually went to Quiznos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZrks-BPeLQ
    string quartet (ˈstriŋ kwȯr-ˈtet) n. a good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and someone who hates violinists, all getting together to complain about composers

Go Back to forum