• Register
  • Help

Topic: Replacement for Cubasis VST4

Share/Bookmark

Replacement for Cubasis VST4

Since I got GPO a few years back I have being using the bundled Cubasis VST 4. I understand this has been discontinued for some time, so I want to replace it with an up-to-date equivalent. I use GPO, JABB and the new authorized Steinway with Windows XP. I would like to be able to use more than 3 instances of Kontakt player (3 is the limit with Cubasis VST4) to accommodate full orchestra score and authorized Steinway. So I would be interested to hear what other GPO users recommend and will be grateful for any feedback.
    Eugene

Re: Replacement for Cubasis VST4

I've grown up with Sonar and would highly reccomend it. However, as you are currently using Cubase VST4 I would think there is an upgrade path at a discounted price available for you to move up to Cubase 4 (or whatever is the current version.) That might mean less of a learning curve. Unless . . . you're looking for something different. JMO
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Thanks for that Jerry. What version of Sonar do you use - I presume there are different options(?).
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Thanks for that Jerry. What version of Sonar do you use - I presume there are different options(?).
    Eugene
    Sonar Producer Edition 7.02 (Flagship of the line)

There is also a Studio Edition (in-between version) and Sonar Home Studio (the entry version.)

Go here for info.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Hi,

I've been a Cubase user ever since the Atari (started out with Pro-24) and stayed with Cubase...so...you can guess what my recommendation will be.

I am currently working with Cubase SL3. This gives me all the possibilities that I need and enough slots to have plenty of VSTi's running.

Cubase 4 is pretty cool too...and I don't know what the "simpler" version of that is at the moment...but you can check that out at on the net.

Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
    However, as you are currently using Cubase VST4 I would think there is an upgrade path at a discounted price available for you to move up to Cubase 4 (or whatever is the current version.) That might mean less of a learning curve. Unless . . . you're looking for something different. JMO
    Usually for products that come bundled with something else, there is no upgrade possible.

However, I would think that with the ever expanding Cubase line, there would be one to suit you. Make a list of what features you need, have a look at the Cubase website and then pick your product.

D

I understand that there is a new version of Cubase 4, named Cubase Essential just out and is reasonably priced. Check out the web sites.

Thanks to all for your helpful comments. I doubt if my bundled Cubasis will qualify for an upgrade; however I will check out Cubase 4 and the Sonar options.

Go Back to forum