• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius 5 and Kontakt 2 standalone

Share/Bookmark

Sibelius 5 and Kontakt 2 standalone

Hey, everyone.

I've finally decided to try out my favorite notation program with my favorite player to see how things go in that combination (trying to see how some of my tracks would sound directly from the score), but for the life of me I can't figure out how to connect the two.

I use MIDI Yoke for the connection, but K2 doesn't respond to the notes, there's no MIDI activity whatsoever, and I can't even figure out how to configure this, how to assign staves to channels, nor anything else.

I spent the last two days Googling to no avail.

If anyone can give me some pointers, I'd be very grateful.

Re: Sibelius 5 and Kontakt 2 standalone

Sibelius 5 has VST implementation. You should just be able to use K2 in Sibelius. I have the demo and I can use K3, Miroslav, Pianoteq, VSL Vienna SE, pretty much everything that's VST and AU plug-ins in Sibelius. I just ordered the competitive cross-grade since I finally realized how deep Sibelius is.

Hey, Dave,

Yes, I know I can use K2 to as a plug-in (even though I don't even know how to configure that so it responds to MIDI messages), but I would like to use the feature to use it in standalone mode, for different reasons.

Do you maybe know how to do that? This is really important to me, so any help would be much appreciated.

No one? I'm aware that this is a really rare practice, but thought someone might have an idea anyway.

Jon,

Thanks so much, bro! I got it working.

Believe it or not, but as I've never used notation programs for playback before, I couldn't figure out where to configure the MIDI channels for the staves and failed to notice the drop-down menu for each stave.

It's working fine now, K2 responds to Sibelius properly, from what I can see.

I'm on XP x64, so I can't use Maple MIDI as it doesn't have x64 support yet, but so far MIDI Yoke is working fine.

I was wondering one thing, and seeing that you are quite experienced with sequencing from notation programs, you might know this - is there any way other than keyswitches to have multiple articulations from libs not pre-programmed for Sibelius (EWQL libs or SISS) respond to the same stave?

Thanks a lot, bro.

Jon,

Thanks a lot, bro, for all your explanations!

So, there's no way to make sound sets trigger samples outside Sibelius? The only way to do what I had in mind is to open K2 as plug-in and be locked within 2.7GB of a 32bit Sib, right?

Dude ... I gotta buy you dinner.

You've got PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atmajian View Post
    I'm on XP x64, so I can't use Maple MIDI as it doesn't have x64 support yet, but so far MIDI Yoke is working fine.
    Try LoopBe - it has a 64 bit installer and I use it for the above on XPx64 with no problems:

http://www.nerds.de

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Matthews View Post
    Try LoopBe - it has a 64 bit installer and I use it for the above on XPx64 with no problems:

http://www.nerds.de

Justin

Well, I'm more interested in freeware patchbays and MIDI Yoke works fine, but thanks for the info.

Go Back to forum