• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sampled Bass Guitar that Can Do Drop D Tuning?

Share/Bookmark

Sampled Bass Guitar that Can Do Drop D Tuning?

Hello all,

As the title of this thread implies, I am seeking a sampled electric bass guitar that can do drop D tuning. Is there anything out there? I've looked at the Chris Hein website and the Scarbee website, but neither seems to indicate if unusual tunings were sampled. Any insights would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    TWND

Re: Sampled Bass Guitar that Can Do Drop D Tuning?

Hi TWND,

The lowest note in CHG Basses is E2 stretched down to B1.
    Don't know what you mean by 'unusual' tuning?

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

Thanks for the reply. Sorry if my post wasn't clear. I am more of a guitar player than a keyboard player and I'm just now getting into sampled instruments and what not.

I am working on a project with an individual who plays guitar in drop D tuning and I am seeking a bass library that includes samples of the E string string dropped down and tuned to D. It sounds like your library can get down to D, but that the D is actually just a pitch adjusted sample of the E. Does this effect the sound quality?

Quote Originally Posted by thewarnextdoor View Post
    I am seeking a bass library that includes samples of the E string string dropped down and tuned to D.
    Give us another 30 days or so...
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

I hope some developer will do an extensive library/virtual instrument with a Fender Precision bass, which has probably been the bass of choice on 85% of the hit recordings in the Rock era, rather than the basses many seem to be choosing.

Unless things are quite different in Europe than the U.S., which I concede is possible, then I am frankly bewildered by these choices.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ashermusic View Post
    I hope some developer will do an extensive library/virtual instrument with a Fender Precision bass, which has probably been the bass of choice on 85% of the hit recordings in the Rock era, rather than the basses many seem to be choosing.

Unless things are quite different in Europe than the U.S., which I concede is possible, then I am frankly bewildered by these choices.
    That would be Scarbee's Blue Bass, yet to be released.

Here's all we can say right now... "If you don't dig his sound, you may wish to check out other bass products".

Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

At last! Hallelujah!
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media View Post
    Give us another 30 days or so...
    Thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll be waiting. I suppose I should finally go ahead and purchase Kontakt 3 in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by thewarnextdoor View Post
    As the title of this thread implies, I am seeking a sampled electric bass guitar that can do drop D tuning. Is there anything out there? I've looked at the Chris Hein website and the Scarbee website, but neither seems to indicate if unusual tunings were sampled. Any insights would be much appreciated.
    All of the soundsets in ManyBass are sampled down to a low B--the samples aren't just stretched.

Go Back to forum