• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius and GVI?

Share/Bookmark

Sibelius and GVI?

Presently I'm using Sibelius with GS Ensemble, no sequencer. I was thinking of getting GVI 3 so that i could load more instruments. Could someone tell me if this combination will work or should I get GS3?

The thing is I have a rather old computer, AMD ATHLON XP 2500+ CPU with 2 gigs of ram.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Sibelius and GVI?

Quote Originally Posted by kip View Post
    Presently I'm using Sibelius with GS Ensemble, no sequencer. I was thinking of getting GVI 3 so that i could load more instruments. Could someone tell me if this combination will work or should I get GS3?

The thing is I have a rather old computer, AMD ATHLON XP 2500+ CPU with 2 gigs of ram.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Are you using Sibelius 5? If so, then you can host GVI with that. However, although you will probably be able to load more samples, you are going to be severely restricted by your system. If you want to go the whole hog and max it all out, then you can make Sibelius LAA, set the /3Gig switch (using a dual boot, in case of problems) and load until everything crashes. Then at least you know the limit.

However, IMO you would be better off just getting some more memory, or even better a new PC, and then trying the above.

Re: Sibelius and GVI?

I'm using Sib 3 - now I understand that I would need a sequencer or upgrade to Sib 5 to host GVI. I want to wait till 64bit systems become mainstream before purchasing my next PC. I guess I'll have to make due a little while longer. Thanks for making things clear, Daryl.

Go Back to forum