• Register
  • Help

Topic: Big Thanks to David at Plogue re Steinway

Share/Bookmark

Big Thanks to David at Plogue re Steinway

I wanted to shout out a big Thank You! to David Viens at Plogue for coming up with a fix for me.

I use Samplitude V10 and when running the Aria/Garritan Steinway as a vsti, the soft pedal was not functioning. Moreso, it would mute all audio when depressed. The piano worked 100% fine as a standalone. We traced it back to Samplitude and that's where I left it, figuring I'd try and get help from Samplitude support or pray that a patch might eventually correct things.

After a week or so, David emails me with an updated .dll for the Aria player that fixed the issue. He had taken the time to download the Samplitude demo, track it down, and fix it! That is support above and beyond the call of duty!!

So Thanks again to David for making my working life much easier, and the Steinway fully functional for me in all configurations.
    Kyle Ashley
    www.demorecording.com

System Specs: Win XP SP2 Intel Core 2 Duo E6600@ 2.4Ghz Asus P5B-E (965 chipset) AMBIOS v. 0706
    2GB Corsair DDR (800MHz – 2x1GB sticks) Nvidia Geforce 6200TC (128MB, dual head)
    MAudio Audiophile 192 (2) UAD-1 PCIe FS Bus Speed 1066Mhz 24/44.1

Samplitude 10.02 track FX mode 2048 and 4096 VIP object buffers 64/128 ASIO buffers

Re: Big Thanks to David at Plogue re Steinway

David is simply the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Ashley View Post
    I wanted to shout out a big Thank You! to David Viens at Plogue for coming up with a fix for me.

I use Samplitude V10 and when running the Aria/Garritan Steinway as a vsti, the soft pedal was not functioning. Moreso, it would mute all audio when depressed. The piano worked 100% fine as a standalone. We traced it back to Samplitude and that's where I left it, figuring I'd try and get help from Samplitude support or pray that a patch might eventually correct things.

After a week or so, David emails me with an updated .dll for the Aria player that fixed the issue. He had taken the time to download the Samplitude demo, track it down, and fix it! That is support above and beyond the call of duty!!

So Thanks again to David for making my working life much easier, and the Steinway fully functional for me in all configurations.

Although I've just touched the surface using Samplitude this is nice to know for later!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Ashley View Post
    Wow, that is a pleasure to hear!
    But I want to thank you as well for the detailed problem report, and patience.

It has been my goal for that past years to make Aria as flexible, bullet proof and as efficient as i could. This is really the continuation of that mindset.

Cheers, and have fun!
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Kyle,

FWIW, I had the exact same problem with the soft pedal when using the Steinway Grand as a VST with SAW Studio. (As with you, the standalone worked great.) Although David V couldn't duplicate the soft pedal misbehavior within his copy of SAW Studio's demo, he did manage to duplicate it within Samplitude, and promptly fixed it (as you've noted). Hoping the same fix would work within SAW Studio, he sent along the new updated .dll for me to try, and presto, all works well.

I have already expressed my appreciation to David V via personal email, but seeing this thread on the forum, I wish to add my public kudos to attest to his fantastic help. As I've mentioned to Gary, he's a real gem.

Bob Vigoda
    Studio V

David Viens does not receive nearly enough applause!

I've had the pleasure and privilege of working with David in
    connection with the Steinway as it developed. (I was among the
    beta testers.)

He's undoubtedly one of the world's foremost experts on VST.
    As a programmer myself, I can also tell you he's one of the best
    coders I've ever seen in my entire career.

But there's one more factor that's crucial. This isn't just
    "a job" for David. He cares about his work -- and he strives
    for perfection and nothing less.

I'd like to personally thank David for his extraordinary work.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Red face Re: Big Thanks to David at Plogue re Steinway

Ugh.

I'm very moved by all this!!!
    My face is redder than a tomato at this point.

Thanks again for everything. Your time, your ideas, and testing support, and the wonderfull
    music you guys make.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Go Back to forum