• Register
  • Help

Topic: 88-key controller with built in GSIF2 interface?

Share/Bookmark

88-key controller with built in GSIF2 interface?

I'm wondering if anyone has been fortunate to come across an 88-key midi controller with a built in audio interface which supports GSIF2. Most of the controllers I come across don't mention many details about their audio interface...

Re: 88-key controller with built in GSIF2 interface?

Im just curious, what do you use audio on a keyboard for? While I can sample on my kurzwiel k2600xs it would never be used in terms of audio in that way
    Christopher Kennedy Alpiar
    Cinematic Composer
    www.alpiar.com

Some of the new PC-oriented keyboards send MIDI to the PC via USB or 1394 and include a PC soundcard. It's really a different class of product than the k2600 or my PC88.

Sorry, I don't know if any of them support GSIF.

Personally, I prefer my keyboard to be just a keyboard and to use a different audio interface. If you ever need to get the keys repaired, you will be without sound until the shop is done with it.

oh, the main purpose is portability. If I get a lenovo tablet with 2 ssd drives, and a keyboard with GSIF2, I just need two items for a totally mobile giga setup..

These support GSIF and would be just as portable, assuming a CardBus slot on the laptop...

http://echoaudio.com/Products/CardBus/

oh! I had forgotten about these--the Indigio IO is *almost* what I need, except, I need MIDI in, alas.. the search continues...

How about a USB keyboard? Or a MidiSport and some duct tape.

Go Back to forum