• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Major Release! DSynth|Shadows of Luminosity

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Major Release! DSynth|Shadows of Luminosity

Produced by Brian D. Schum of Bela D Media

DSynth | Shadows of Luminosity
    The Kontakt family of virtual instruments is well known to be one of the best and most influential software sampler platforms available today. Perhaps slightly less well known is that it is also an extremely powerful synthesizer! It provides a huge array of the features that can be found only in the very best hardware and software synthesizers.

DSynth is a power tool combined with a collection of unique and awe-inspiring synthetic sounds and instruments. With very little mechanical effort, the composer can quickly create full arrangements of music in almost any genre. From electronic dance to ambient film score, your sonic vision can effortlessly be made into reality.

Release Format
    Native Instruments Kontakt 2
    Version 2: 2.21 or higher
    2 DVD set

Audio Format
    24-bit/44.1KHz

The Data
    DSynth was intentionally designed from the very beginning to be a work in progress. The included PCM data is carefully selected original raw material to be used for future development of patches by Bela D Media and by you, the user.

All raw materials are readily accessible to be used as a starting point for future development by the end user. Since the samples are not locked, our users can manipulate and modify the sounds however they wish. Creating custom banks and patches has never been easier.

Almost every form of synthesis has been used to create data for this library. Content was carefully chosen in order to take full advantage of the subtractive, formant, and granular sampling synthesis potential within Native Instruments Kontakt.

Advanced Scripting
    The user control is greatly enhanced with the inclusion of the DARP script. Warning: Once you begin to make use of DARP, you may need someone to pry you away from your workstation! It’s just that intense!

DARP is not simply a pattern recorder (both real-time and step time), an arpeggiator, or a drum machine – it is all of these things - and much, much more! In fact, DARP adds six-part “wave sequencing” features to Kontakt, among other things. Add the fact that each “wave sequence” pattern can trigger “round robin” or “cycling” groups, as well as release triggers for each pattern, and you will have just begun to realize the multidimensional power of this amazing addition.

Bonus
    Much of the PCM data inside DSynth was generated by the first-rate Bela D Media product catalog. Now you have something even more powerful to further enhance your sounds, and future development possibilities.

MSRP
    $149.99

Release ETA
    Will ship by 5/2/08

DSYNTH PRODUCT PAGE

AUDIO DEMO ROOM

Thank you,
    Bela D Media.com

Re: Major Release! DSynth|Shadows of Luminosity

Looks good! I'll be looking at getting it soon!

--Richard

The demos for this library sound really good. Every single one of them.

But I have a question...were all the sounds in the demo from the DSynth library or are you mixing other libraries in there as well.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamawake View Post
    ...were all the sounds in the demo from the DSynth library or are you mixing other libraries in there as well.
    Dear Dreamawake,

Thank you for the kind words and for a great question. We are happy to report that all the audio demos are 100% DSynth. DSynth is divided into nine categories of sounds and are color coded. The category names will normally emphasize the way a patch sounds, rather than how it was created.

Analog
    Sounds similar to what you would find in classic analog subtractive synthesizers.

Digital
    Sounds that sound like more modern digital synthesizers such as FM, AM, PD, Ring Modulation, Additive, Granular, and Formant types of samples and synthesis.

Hybrid
    Sounds are a combination of analog and digital.

Organic/Thematic
    Simulated or sampled natural sounds that normally emulate a setting – such as a forest or a battle field. Some of these are more musical rather than just sound effects.

Instrument
    Sounds very much like (or is, in fact) a sampled instrument.

Soundscape
    Evolving textures that use any or all methods.

IES(Impulse Excitation Synthesis)
    A type of synthesis that uses impulse response technology as part of the sound itself, rather than being used just an effect.

SFX – Sound Effect
    Sounds that do not necessarily correspond to key or pitch.

Percussion
    Both real (sampled) and synthetic drum and percussion sounds.
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Francis,

Then I'm buying this thing right now. The demos all sound great. And in some of them, some of the sounds are really cool and it just leaves me wondering about what this library can do.

Is the ship date on the 2nd? Will this change (ie. could it be pushed back).

I'd love to get this thing on a project I'm working on.

Dreamawake

oops,

it seams that your webpage is overtaxed now...

Congratulations for this new library!

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamawake View Post
    Francis,

Then I'm buying this thing right now. The demos all sound great. And in some of them, some of the sounds are really cool and it just leaves me wondering about what this library can do.

Is the ship date on the 2nd? Will this change (ie. could it be pushed back).

I'd love to get this thing on a project I'm working on.

Dreamawake
    Thank you for your order. May 2nd is not in stone but very firm. In fact, we may be able to ship sooner. All that remains is stock to be sent back to us from the dub house. They are fast - No worries at this moment.
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Thumbs up Re: Major Release! DSynth|Shadows of Luminosity

DSynth Screenshot

What exactly is a "bananna"?

This looks and sounds awesome.

Go Back to forum