• Register
  • Help

Topic: Don't update to the 3.6.8.1 64 bit MOTU Firewire driver!

Share/Bookmark

Don't update to the 3.6.8.1 64 bit MOTU Firewire driver!

The following applies to 64 bit Vista, MOTU 828 mk2 and 32 bit music software.

Don't install the latest 3.6.8.1 driver for MOTU Firewire devices if you are using an older driver that works. I updated to the driver because I hoped it would solve another issue (which it didn't) and the new driver doesn't input sound with 32 bit software. 64 bit Cubase 4 inputs sound but the 32 bit version doesn't. I also tried Wavelab and Melodyne. The previous version of their driver worked just fine.

The latest reply from their tech guy was this: "You can not run 32-bit software on a 64bit system. So I am slightly curious as to how and or why you are doing this."

I would really appreciate it if someone who has the previous 64 bit driver version for Windows could share it.

Re: Don't update to the 3.6.8.1 64 bit MOTU Firewire driver!

Janila-

I have v. 3.6.7.3 for 64-bit Motu Firewire driver. Send me a message if you'd like it, I'd be happy to send it to you.

buzz

Is the MOTU driver you have dated in october 2007? Do you have the original "64fw.zip"? Could you send it to rapidshare.com and share the link? I don't think you have to register or anything to use it.

Thank you so much for doing this! The MOTU support claims that they don't have that driver anymore and that's about the help I've gotten from them.

I found the older driver and everything works again. MOTU's tech support suggested me to try with only 2 gigs of RAM and refused to give the working driver which they most certainly have. Trying with 2 gigs would have required maybe an hour of work or so as the system is mounted into a rack and using only 2 gigs of RAM isn't a solution. What's the point of forcing the customer to jump through hoops when there is a simple and working solution? I also don't understand what's the point of releasing a new driver version which didn't improve anything but disabled something as essential as audio input. Geez. Enough of that company for me.

Go Back to forum