• Register
  • Help

Topic: GVI 4 Mac includes a mini editor?

Share/Bookmark

GVI 4 Mac includes a mini editor?

I heard GVI includes a mini version editor. Does the GVI 4 mac version also include one?

BTW, it's odd that Tascam dose not want to give us a full function editor. What are they thinking?

Re: GVI 4 Mac includes a mini editor?

I dont understand, GS4 has a fully functional editor, thats one of the main reasons that GVI is priced less than GS4
    Christopher Kennedy Alpiar
    Cinematic Composer
    www.alpiar.com

Does that mean GVI 4 really don't include at least a mini editor?

Thanks!

GS3/4 have two levels of editing: GigaEdit (the full version) and Quick Edit (the mini version). I'm not sure if GVI4 will include Quick Edit, but it might. And I can't remember if GVI3 includes it. It's not a feature that I use.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst View Post
    GS3/4 have two levels of editing: GigaEdit (the full version) and Quick Edit (the mini version). I'm not sure if GVI4 will include Quick Edit, but it might. And I can't remember if GVI3 includes it. It's not a feature that I use.
    GVI/GS3 both included a quick edit. Ditto for v4 of both apps, and I've found this tool indispensible. Only the full version of gigastudio includes the full editor. That said, quickedit only fallls short of two marks: i) Can't create brand-new instruments, ii) Can't combine/seperate articulations at the instrument level. You can still stack the instruments on a channel and define switching there, but you can't for instance, delete the release samples from an instrument. For that kind of operation, you need GSEdit. Literally anything else can be done and saved in quick edit. GVI4 will also include the ability to edit existing iMIDI (but not add rules to an instruments that aren't yet added - need full editor for that).

Best,

Belbin

Go Back to forum