• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: "Fret Flintstone"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Fret Flintstone"

    Y'all All,

    Here is my "Fret Flintstone", which features the JABB ten-string acoustic guitar with extended lower range (four extra bass strings).

    As soon as I learn how to edit the audio characteristics of instruments in Kontakt 3, perhaps they will sound better.

    The rest of the instruments are from the GPO sample library.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2
    Senior Member sosmus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    667

    Re: "Fret Flintstone"

    Larry:
    This piece is too good to have a humorous title, and what is it with you and final chords?
    Your friend and critic,
    Steve

  3. #3

    Re: "Fret Flintstone"

    Quote Originally Posted by sosmus View Post
    Larry:
    This piece is too good to have a humorous title, and what is it with you and final chords?
    Your friend and critic,
    Steve
    My final chords are just my way of good-naturedly tweaking your nose, Mr. Steve. Just one of my nutty jokes.

    Much obliged for your comments, my friend.

    My best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4
    Senior Member sosmus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    667

    Re: "Fret Flintstone"

    Larry:
    The "tweaking" is duly noted. As for the title, I thought there was a law that stated any tune containing the name or word "Flintstone" had to be based on "I Got Rhythm" changes!
    Steve

  5. #5

    Re: "Fret Flintstone"

    Quote Originally Posted by sosmus View Post
    Larry:
    The "tweaking" is duly noted. As for the title, I thought there was a law that stated any tune containing the name or word "Flintstone" had to be based on "I Got Rhythm" changes!
    Steve
    Check the e-mail that I sent to you.

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6

    Re: "Fret Flintstone"

    That JABB guitar has much to recommend itself in
    your able hands, Larry; and I like the finesse with
    which you handled it in ensemble.

    I hope you washed your hands after all that nose
    tweaking.

    My best,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

  7. #7

    Re: "Fret Flintstone"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    That JABB guitar has much to recommend itself in
    your able hands, Larry; and I like the finesse with
    which you handled it in ensemble.

    I hope you washed your hands after all that nose
    tweaking.

    My best,


    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com


    Thanks for your message, Mr. David.

    My best to you.

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8

    Re: "Fret Flintstone"

    Hi Larry,

    You've certainly hit upon a winning formula (or "forumula" ) for making that JABB acoustic a standout in your contrapuntal wizardry. That certainly was, as Steve pointed out, a "left teetering on the edge of the cliff" final chord -- pure Alexander!

    Thanks for this , Larry. Wonderful job, as is your habit!

    Danny

  9. #9

    Re: "Fret Flintstone"

    Quote Originally Posted by DDW View Post
    Hi Larry,

    You've certainly hit upon a winning formula (or "forumula" ) for making that JABB acoustic a standout in your contrapuntal wizardry. That certainly was, as Steve pointed out, a "left teetering on the edge of the cliff" final chord -- pure Alexander!

    Thanks for this , Larry. Wonderful job, as is your habit!

    Danny
    I regret that I haven't learned how to adjust the audio characteristics of instruments in Kontakt 3 yet. I am attempting to learn. Meanwhile, this guitar sounds (through no fault of its own) somewhat like someone beating on a row of tin cans.

    The final chord is, as you know, just a plain ol' major 7th plus 9th.

    Thank you, as always, for your kind words, Mr. Danny. It is appreciated and uplifting.

    My best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •