• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hey Steinway Users?

Share/Bookmark

Question Hey Steinway Users?

What Keyboard controller are you using with the new Garritan Steinway and why? Yes, why? Why the h ....
    I'm in the market (well, not literally IN the market) for a keyboard controller and was wanderink if a 61 note would suffice or shall I splurgega and go for an 88 hammer action, stereophonic, reverse key, usb, with dual quad exhaust, twin turbo sliders, and 40000 buttons (8 of which work and the rest just look cool)?
    You dunt have to answer dis questione eeff you no wanta! Ezz just curiouso.
    No, wait ... Answer the question young man or no dinner tonight!
    Styxx

Re: Hey Steinway Users?

Well, for me . . . it's use what you got. And for me, that's my old, tried and true, Fatar Studio 88 Plus which I've had for 14 years. I would love to get a newer keyboard but this one is still chugging along quite well, thank you very much, and I just can't see spending my Economic Stimulus Rebate Check to replace something that ain't broke. I'd really like to have a Yamaha complete with the 3 pedal array but I'm going to wait and see if Gary has any luck brokering a deal for a group buy on the CME pedals.

Do I get dessert with my supper tonight?
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Economic Stimulus Rebate Check
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that sucker. However, for me the stimulus rebate check goes to non other than my better half, other.
    I remember correctly that particular Yamaha was quite the jewel at one time. My problem is having no keyboard at all at present. I had an M-Audio but sold it at our store a few months ago when I thought I was moving to Alaska. Turns out the trip fell through and here I stay in good 'ol dilapidated Buffalo. I'm thinking of the M-Audio Pro 88 or a CME? Nevertheless, I thought I would get the opinion of some of out esteemed members. Hmm, a steamed member. Kinda sounds a little on the raw side, yes?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that sucker. However, for me the stimulus rebate check goes to non other than my better half, other.
    I remember correctly that particular Yamaha was quite the jewel at one time. My problem is having no keyboard at all at present. I had an M-Audio but sold it at our store a few months ago when I thought I was moving to Alaska. Turns out the trip fell through and here I stay in good 'ol dilapidated Buffalo. I'm thinking of the M-Audio Pro 88 or a CME? Nevertheless, I thought I would get the opinion of some of out esteemed members. Hmm, a steamed member. Kinda sounds a little on the raw side, yes?
    I have a Yamaha P90 & the M-Audio Keystation pro 88. The Yamaha is great the keystation pro not so much. I think you can pick up a P70 for under $500, if you're using it for the Steinway it's polyphonic limitations shouldn't matter. I don't have the Steinway does that disqualify me?

I am planning to use it with my Oberheim MC 1000 - 88 key, semi-piano key-touch.

Raymond

I'm planning to use it with a Casio AP-45 console digital piano.

I'll report once I have the GS software up and running.

I am using an older Roland A-90 keyboard controller with the addition of the CME GPP-3 USB pedal. It's a 88, weighted hammer action keyboard that isn't manufactured anymore.
    Finally got it working smoothly (now if my playing technique could be as smooth!)
    Good Luck, John

Quote Originally Posted by jrcallan View Post
    I'm planning to use it with a Casio AP-45 console digital piano.

I'll report once I have the GS software up and running.
    Hmm, we have them at our store. I was wondering how one would work out. I'll have to take one home and try it out. Thanks.
    Styxx

Talking Re: Hey Steinway Users?

I am using it with an old Roland A-80 fully weighted keyboard (80 lbs.)
    I haven't sprung for one of the new 3-in-1 pedals because I rarely use anything other than a sustain pedal.

Roland has a new one out I'm told. 88 graded hammer action however I don't have the info to comment securely as of yet. We shall look into it further.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast