• Register
  • Help

Topic: echo layla 20

Share/Bookmark

echo layla 20

i just bought an echo layla 20, i have the pci card installed in a pyonex pc running windows 98. everything is installed and the device mananger says everything is working properly. the problem is i am not getting any sort of signal to the cool edit software that came with the layla. i have armed the tracks, set the audio in audio out to the layla. not sure where i am going wrong or if the layla might be defective....anyone have any ideas????
    thanks ben

Re: echo layla 20

Are you getting a signal in the Echo Mixer?

no signal in the layla consol (mixer) either. i am running through a mackie 1604 vlz pro using the the diagram privided in the hook up diagram guide for 8 track recording. i am not using any other equipment just from a boss gt 6 into the mixer from the mixer to the layla into the computer. i am only running the 8 out of the mixer and not the 8 back into the mixer. could that be an issue? i'm not sure if i missed a setting somewhere or what...getting pretty frustrated....

You hardware mixer might not be sending a signal, but the quick test is to plug a guitar cable into the gina box, turn up the analog input, in the gina console, all the way and tap on the tip of the cable.
    That'll tell you if you have analog in at the gina box.

If it is broken, then Echo might fix it for free. They've fixed 3 of my 6 cards over the past 10 yrs. with no charge and it was exactly the same situation as yours. I bought it used, it didn't work right, they fixed it. No need to be the original owner. Give them a call and ask.

I don't know much about layla systems but I stumbled upon this link for drivers. This may not or may help in any case I felt it would be at least an attempt to help you solve your problem.

http://www.echoaudio.com/Downloads/Drivers.php
    Styxx

excellent. does it matter which input i use? and the analog input volume would just be the slider that is labeled for the input i use on the layla? i really appreciate the help!!

also thanks for the link i will also try updating the drivers.....

Cool, I hope you get up and running perfectly. There's not a worse feeling then having a piece of good equipment and not being able to use it.
    Good luck.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum