• Register
  • Help

Topic: Logic for Dummys??

Share/Bookmark

Logic for Dummys??

Just received Kirks Diamond for Mac and it won't install I'm new to Logic, but I thought I could follow directions ok, but, maybe not :-(

Its on the hD ok but Logic does not see it All Logic and Garage Band files work ok.. Ideas, please?

Re: Logic for Dummys??

Did you buy the EXS24 or Kontakt version? If the EXS24, did you put Kirk's sampler instruments in your Sampler Instruments folder? And if so, do you know that you have to load up a blank EXS24 to have the Library show you all the libraries than can be loaded into the EXS24 because what you see in the Library is contextual?

If Kontakt, then the same is true, you need to first load a blank instance of it.

And BTW, if you did not know this or do not understand any of this, then you need to spend some serious time with the manual or David Nahmani's Apple Pro Training book. Logic is simply too complex an app to open and just start working with.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Thank you for the response and info. Yes, this is the EXs24 version. I followed the instruction for installing from Kirk.. opening a blank was not mentioned
    I have MacPro videos that I'm trying to absorb plus following the startup that came with Logic...plus attempting to read the almost 2000 pages of documentation that does not apparently cover this problem. I wiil order the book today..All other files seem to work ok including all of the loops from GB.

Earl, I do not mean this as criticism. Kirk's job is to tell the user how to install his library. He rightly assumes the user is familiar enough with Logic Pro 8 that they know how the Library determines what it shows you.

Anyway:
    1. Create a software instrument track.
    2. Instantiate a blank EXS24.
    3. The Library will now show you all that can be loaded into an EXS24, including Kirk's if it is properly installed.
    4. Alternatively, in the area where you load presets in the EXS24's GUI, if you hold down the mouse, you should be able to see it and load it there.

www.jayasher.com

Thank You! That did the trick!!

I am glad I was able to be helpful to you.

www.jayasher.com

I have the Nahmani book in front of me now...

AN....d Kirk is a special person. He offered to prepare a tutorial for help on this issue!! A true gentleman!

Again ,thanks for the help Earl

Go Back to forum