• Register
  • Help

Topic: "File was not found. Please check if library is installed correctly"

Share/Bookmark

"File was not found. Please check if library is installed correctly"

Having an upgrade issue here. I just updated to the GPO Kontakt Player 2 (2.2.4.001) playback engine for Finale and for some strange reason - after I set up my instruments in Finale (via the GPO Kontakt Player 2 Edition (per the set-up wizard)) and finish the process - I get this error message that says, "KontaktPlayer2: File was not found. Please check if library is installed correctly." After research on the forums and bloggersphere I realized I had to re-map the library path of Kontakt 2 instruments and multis to the GPO file. It finally worked perfectly. Through the Kontakt player itself I was able to add sampled instruments to channels at will.

So, I opened up Finale 2007 and created a new document. To my surprise - I added a few instruments via the GPO Kontakt Player 2 edition and it worked! Keyed in a few notes to test - perfect.

Now here's the clincher - since I've been having this issue for about 2 days now on a hunch I tried to create another finale document just to see if it REALLY worked - oops - there goes the "error message" Oh the horror! How dare they tempt me like that! So I tried to re-install the updates. I tried it again - still the error message. THEN I tried it AGAIN and it WORKED!! <You know I had to try it again right?> Of course you know...it didn't work. Does ANYONE know what is causing this error message? <I hope it's something silly and stupid which I should know - this of course will be the highlight my day!!!>

Re: "File was not found. Please check if library is installed correctly"

DFALLEN7

Are you on a Windows machine?

Where do you have the GPO libraries installed?

Check inside your Program Files folder - do you have a Finale GPO 2.0 library folder?

Go Back to forum