• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Mozart on the Steinway

Mozart on the Steinway

This is my first ever post to the listening board, and as I am so impressed by the Steinway's capabilities I thought I had to share this - especially as I've yet to be convinced by a library playing Mozart.

This is the 1st movement of the Piano Sonata in Eb K.282 recorded from the classical perspective.

South of the Ohio River

Re: Mozart on the Steinway

Well done!

The old masters do sound so nice on this instrument, don't they. And your playing is so Mozartian. Wolfgang would be proud of you.

Give us more, please and thanks for this jewel.
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Very well done, Buck. I enjoyed your tenderly
    wrought interpretation of this Mozart gem...
    this really shines on the G.Steinway -- fine
    depth and presence to it.

Welcome aboard!

All my best,

Beautifully played on this gorgeous instrument ! This was a wonderful way to begin my Sunday morning, thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Very nice playing of this Mozart Sonata movement. I
    can tell that you are really enjoying the Steinway D
    software as all of us are.

Glad to have your classical input with this magnificent

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Well done Buck.

I can't wait to get my new 'Piano' as well.

Dublin, Ireland

Congratulations on a stylish performance of this lovely movement. Your sense of line is excellent and the ornaments were clear and unfussy. Also you got a nice classical sound from the Steinway, which suits Mozart - so full marks here!

Well done! Unfortunately my computer is acting up (probably the browser) and there was this ringing sound on most of the high notes but I kept with it - Well played!

Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

I played (at least, I thought I played) Mozart in high school. In college, however, I learned how to 'interpret' Mozart, which goes so far beyond learning the notes. You have that down, Buck. Awesome playing!

Mozart is the absolute KING of understatement!

BTW, what type of keyboard controller do you use? Just curious.

Thanks for sharing.

Central Illinois

Beautifully played and a treat for me to hear today. Thanks for sharing this with us more digitally challenged (that's digits as in fingers)
    I can't help wondering what this would sound like with a little less reverb though. I have just been reading the manual again (gasp!) and if I understand correctly,when using some of the more distant microphone positions, such as classic and stage-side, it might be effective to leave the ambience turned off and hear the sampled piano as it was recorded in the great Troy Savings Bank Music Hall. I believe I will give that a go next time I use the classic perspective. Regards, John (bigears)

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast